Well, this is it. The big 200th post. Please hold your cheers and applause. As well as any sarcastic comments.
Who would ever have thought that I’d have enough brilliant and witty thoughts rattling around in my brain to make up 200 blog posts? Minus the brilliant part. And the witty part too I suppose. And sometimes they weren’t so much *thoughts* as incoherent ramblings.
*cough cough*
I thought I’d go back and link up some of my “favorite” posts from the past year or so… like this conversation I had with Berry Boy. This close call still bring tears to my eyes and still reminds me that God listens, even to me. Then there was this Thankful Thursday post with what may just be my favorite photo of Berry Boy EVER.
There was this swimming lessons episode and this identity crisis. Also this Nutella incident.
Berry Boy had his first day of Kindergarten, and Berry Baby was still depriving me of sleep.
I made (and have kept) these resolutions at the beginning of 2009.
Berry Baby broke his leg.
I started training for the half marathon, got a little competitive, started running faster, and kept eating too many Doritos.
It’s been a good year. And, occasionally, a bad year. But sometimes the bad makes the good that much better.
So because I’m addicted to coffee, and running, and coffee before running, and reading, and coffee while I’m reading, I would like to celebrate 200 posts by giving away your choice of one of the following:
a $20 gift card for Chapters/Indigo/Coles to get you a great little summer read for the beach/lawn chair/pool/lawn chair in the pool
a $20 gift card for the Running Room (or, if you live near me, it will be for Brainsport, or, if you do not have a Running Room, your equivalent to that, providing it is logistically possible for me to do so), to go towards a new techy shirt, or shorts, or to take a small dent out of the price of a new pair of shoes, so that you can feel good while you sweat.
You need to tell me what your favorite Starbucks drink is, or what the best book you’ve read recently was, or what you love best about running or working out. I will choose randomly from the replies and announce our winner next week.
Thanks for reading all my drivel. I’ll try to keep it coming.
*grin*
10 comments:
I guess my summer favorite is java chip frappuccino half sweet with two shots of espresso! Winter time is a cinnamon douche latte, again half sweet with double espresso.
Congrats:) And I find your writing very witty and candid!
Hmm... if I comment on what my fave of EACH is, do I disqualify myself?
Umm... I actually want the exact cup of coffee in that first picture. But if I had to go to Starbucks right now and order a drink, I'd order a grande white chocolate americano misto with foam. Amen.
Well......... first of all, congratulations on reaching 200 and thanks for being here. You know I love you and you tickle my funny bone and I love having you for a neighbor and that you take me as I am. You're the best.
OK, moving right along then. Call me what you like but I've only been to Starbucks twice, and both times were with you, LOL. It's not that I didn't immensely enjoy those drinks, because I did, but we live on a Timmy's budget and I try to eat LUNCH on what one of those drinks costs.
And since you know I couldn't run to save my life (well, that's not true, I could, but that's probably the only reason I would) I'll go with the Lit selection thankyouverymuch. =)
I am LOVING this retelling of Arthurian legend by Rosemary Sutcliffe. I love everything Arthurian and this anthology is right up my alley even if the title leaves something to be desired. (King Arthur Tales).
Here's to the next 200!
I looked over your links and laughed the hardest at the "identity crisis".
My Starbucky drink:
Grande non-fat sugar-free-vanilla light-water long-pour Americano Misto!
To best enjoy this drink, one must order it as lyrics to a lovely lilting song, straight into the drive-thru microphone.
Since I only know how to order a extra hot, half sweet, extra shot caramel macchiato (and ONLY under your tutelage) I fear I'm rather under-educated.
My fave book of all has been The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
I love running because I get to do it with some favorite people, and be part of a never-before discovered and cherished people group.
So, I went to my public library online just now, requested a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and now I am in 56th place in the hold line.
56th!
yes, well, it's a FABULOUS book. Seriously. It may be the best book I've read this year.
Well, of course you know I'd choose the Starbuck's card. And with it, I'd order a tall, skinny carmel latte. Oh, and make it a double shot.
Can I come drink it with you???
Congrats on 200 posts - I am very thankful to have found your blog and to have gotten to "know" you through it. Blessings, friend!
(Today's word verification? coldio. As in, "Dawn would be very coldio in Canada!" LOL!!!)
My word verification is "hot babe." Like, wow. What are the chances eh?
Post a Comment