Anyway, I had the following crisis:

really? That's my butt? (I had thought my butt was smaller for some reason.) and what was I thinking when I got dressed? (well, I had been thinking that I looked pretty good - the shorts were nice and comfy, the shoes as well, and that's my favorite black tshirt. However, looking at the picture, I'm thinking man, those shorts are way too baggy and NOT flattering, and WHAT WAS I THINKING wearing my Ugly Shoes out in public????? AND...I wore those poor baggy shorts EVERY DAY save one *groan*)

really? That's my nose? Man, do I ever had a long, pointy nose. Why didn't someone tell me I had a long pointy nose? What is wrong with you people? All this time I've been walking around in baggy, unflattering shorts, Ugly Shoes, and a long pointy nose. A Barbara Streisand nose.
It was kind of a surreal is-that-really-what-I-look-like moment. I have now vowed never to wear those shorts again. Except they're really comfy. So maybe I'll just not wear them when there's not a camera around. But definitely not with the Ugly Shoes. Unless I'm just at home. But I'm not sure what to do about my nose...except maybe always face the camera head on.... And for my bigger than expected butt, well, that's what treadmills are for. And I definitely won't be eating dessert anymore. Or chips. Or donuts (I can't believe I ate two donuts yesterday - what was I thinking?)
This morning I am feeling a bit more rational. I'm fairly certain that this whole episode was induced by a lack of chocolate. I've been making cookies this morning and after a few finger-fulls of chocolate chip cookie dough, I am feeling much better about the whole thing.
Besides, I just don't want to be "that" girl. The one who looks longingly at a delicious dessert and says "oh I really shouldn't" or "well maybe just a small slice". Because I know that when I make a really great dessert for someone, I really want them to enjoy it, and it robs me of that pleasure when they are too worried about their figure to enjoy what I've made for them. I don't want to do that to others.
Neither do I want to be constantly worrying and keeping track of what I've eaten - it takes all the pleasure out of it. But I do want to be healthy. and happy. and drink more water. and excercise regularly. I want balance. and chocolate. there should definitely be chocolate...along with the coffee...
3 comments:
you. are. a. riot. Oh my goodness, you crack me up. go look at what I wrote this morning, it's too fitting. your shorts, shoes, and nose don't define you and I had to choose anyone's butt (or boobs) I'd choose yours. But (big butt here) my butt doesn't define me, so I guess I'll keep it and keep not being defined by it =D.
You are too funny.
*if* I had to choose... of course.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... I only found this post today!!!!!! I'm not even sure where to start on this one! I have found myself doing the very same thing with the pics you gave me from the picnic. (What's with the wispy sideburns I've got happening anyhow?)
And PC's delusional about wanting what's on your top shelf... since we carry the same inventory, I'm laughing hysterically.
ps. - your nose is cute.
Post a Comment