
I re-learned an important lesson this week, and thought that I'd better share my newly-increased wisdom with the rest of you.
So, here's today's "trick o' the trade" - more like a rule, if you will:
NEVER GO GROCERY SHOPPING WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY
(and, I should add to this important rule, also not when you have PMS)
Here's why. When you go grocery shopping when you're hungry, you end up purchasing retarded things that you would never-in-your-life purchase were you in your right frame of mind.
Example. Four days ago, I ran to town for a few things. I was hungry, having forgotten to eat breakfast (a common problem for me - mornings seem so busy). While I was in the grocery store picking up the things on my list that I actually needed, I spotted the Nutella. Nutella passes itself off as "nutritious" and a "good source of energy", but it's really just spreadable chocolaty goodness. I think to myself, hmmmm, this will be a nice alternative to peanut butter once in a while. So I bought it. Because I was hungry. I should have known much better.
For the first day, I spread some on a bagel for Berry Baby and had some on toast for myself. It was sure yummy, especially with my coffee.
The second day, I was heaping it onto my toast for both breakfast and lunch. I think Berry Baby may have had a bit. Berry Boy, incidentally, does not like Nutella and would prefer peanut butter.
By the third day, I was forgoing the toast altogether and just eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon, all day long.
On day four I needed an intervention...and to run about 40miles on the treadmill. But I was still dipping into the jar with my spoon, because it was almost all gone, and the sooner it's gone the sooner I can start losing the weight I've put on from eating Nutella straight from the jar.
all because I went shopping while I was hungry.
let this be a lesson to us all.
if you need me, I'll be on my treadmill.
3 comments:
mmmmmm. I haven't eaten Nutella since I was in Europe. Good stuff.
LOL, I stopped buying it because I couldn't leave it alone either and I got so bad I wouldn't share it with the kids anymore... yes it was that bad and sad...
Aha ha ha ha ha... my sides are splitting. I've missed your dry cynical humor, my dear friend.
Yep. I know the feeling. Very like neglecting to make the last pan of cookies so that you can put the batter in a container in the fridge and indulge in a fingerful with every visit to the fridge, right? Yup. I'm with you.
Post a Comment