It’s like a contest.
Who will put away the camping cooler?
The one who used it on his Father/Son fishing trip over a week ago? Or the one who generally has to pick up all the plastic milk jug rings and empty apple juice cartons and miscellaneous wrappers and empty cereal boxes and scrap pieces of paper with important things written on them that are left laying around?
It’s like a contest, but not. Because really, only one of us actually sees it sitting there in the middle of her kitchen being constantly kicked aside or stepped over or stepped on.
*sigh*
5 comments:
ah... and who will wash it out? That's another good question. Speaking of coolers, I'm hoping to remember to return yours tonight... still from those birthday blizzards.
Heh. I can relate. LOL!
Oh HO HO, this is a battle you are going to lose, don't I know it.
I fought this one a LONG LONG time ago, when "no one" would do the dishes, since I decided that it wasn't my turn any more after washing the dishes 100 times in a row.
The dishes sat. And sat. And got very smelly.
All the dishes and cups and cutlery in the entire kitchen got used up, and still "no one" saw everything sitting in a stinky pile-up.
So I did them, at midnight, when "someone" was trying to sleep, and I crashed around angrily with them, and got in big trouble for being so inconsiderate!
I've learned since then. Maybe something like, "Would you like me to clean that cooler out for you and put it away?" said genuinely sweetly and followed by, "Let's eat out tonight!"
My sister, Lori, uses comedy to get her point across. I have no idea what she would say or do, but it would be funny.
Lori would totally fill it with topsoil and plant something in it.
Me, I'd probably light in on fire.
Well I decided to stop being all *passive-aggressive* and I asked him if he was going to clean up that cooler in the kitchen? He looked at me blankly and said that he thought he already had.
hahahahahaha.
right.
Post a Comment