After Chris' comment, I'm guessing this is really, really hard work! Just keep reminding yourself that this season only rolls around ONCE a year, right?!
More stressful and monotonous :) Stressful because we don't seem to have a market this year (something we've never struggled for), and monotonous because there's nothing quite like standing at the end of the conveyor belt for hours and hours watching the berries fall into the trays and sorting out anything that the rest of the sorters missed...it's just not my favorite time of year :) But I have fun with the kids that we hire to do sorting - they're a ton of fun.
well, at least the red color would disguise some of the berry stains...good thought.
I tell ya, these teenagers we hire to do sorting are HILARIOUS. Berry Boy is having a grande old time *helping* - driving in the truck, riding on the tractor, sorting with the bigger boys (and by sorting I mean he moves the berries around a little with his hands, picks out the occasional red one and eats the rest).
Berry Baby has (thankfully) begun to discriminate between red berries and purple berries when he's picking and eating for himself in the patch - but man, I don't wish his diapers on ANYONE.
5 comments:
Praying you through. Take heart, get sleep, drink coffee, kiss family. You can make it.
After Chris' comment, I'm guessing this is really, really hard work! Just keep reminding yourself that this season only rolls around ONCE a year, right?!
Be blessed!
More stressful and monotonous :) Stressful because we don't seem to have a market this year (something we've never struggled for), and monotonous because there's nothing quite like standing at the end of the conveyor belt for hours and hours watching the berries fall into the trays and sorting out anything that the rest of the sorters missed...it's just not my favorite time of year :)
But I have fun with the kids that we hire to do sorting - they're a ton of fun.
You should buy a brand new pair of super cute bright red sketchers to wear while you stand there for hours. I think that's what I'd do.
well, at least the red color would disguise some of the berry stains...good thought.
I tell ya, these teenagers we hire to do sorting are HILARIOUS. Berry Boy is having a grande old time *helping* - driving in the truck, riding on the tractor, sorting with the bigger boys (and by sorting I mean he moves the berries around a little with his hands, picks out the occasional red one and eats the rest).
Berry Baby has (thankfully) begun to discriminate between red berries and purple berries when he's picking and eating for himself in the patch - but man, I don't wish his diapers on ANYONE.
Post a Comment