I didn’t really think we would have to make this trip to emergency quite so soon, but…
…here we are.
Busted.
Berry Baby took a little tumble down our flight of 10 stairs, and after a longish wait in Pediatric Emergency, a trip up to X-ray, and a return trip to Pediatric Emergency, we learned that he had indeed broken his chubby little leg, just under the knee, not too bad. But bad enough that it had to be casted.
I can just imagine how the next 2 weeks are going to be with him trying to lug that heavy cast around.
I have to say, the Peds Emergency doctor was great. He was also a runner. I know this because I was wearing my Jingle Bell Run t-shirt, and we became instant friends. I love how running does that. We also ran into an old friend, who now happens to be a Resident in Orthopedics. I’m pretty sure that he helped things along a bit.
Thankfully, you can’t keep a good kid down…
His brother, on the other hand…
has The Puke. Should be a fun night.
8 comments:
No. Way. UNBELIEVABLE.
I actually gasped out loud. Holy cow. That totally sucks on so many levels. The last 24 hours probably felt like it took 5 years off the ends of your lives eh?
Hang in there sista.
well... so much for dearth of blogging material... maybe next time you say that you'll wanna knock on wood, lol! I'm so glad you answered the phone to let me in on the rest of the story. Blogger WOULD fail me right at that moment of grand climax, yeesh.
Stinky Peterson. Poor dear boy. And Bboy puking? You have my prayers, my sympathy, and I'm proverbially knocking on wood. Ever in doubt that it's only by the grace of God we carry on? :P
awh poor mamma..your work is cut out for you!
Glad he's ok!
Wow.
And to think I was feeling sorry for myself in dealing with a rotten cold over the weekend.
Praying for you all!!!
Oh my goodness! I felt sick to my stumach instantly thinking of how hard that must have been. I hope you some how get lotsa rest between illness and injury:(
So how was your night last night? If his cast gets itchy, a good trick is to put the hairdryer on the cool setting and blow the air down his cast. I have some other tricks too, feel free to email me if you need any other advice on breaks.
experience with this kind of thing Suzy? (lol)
the night was what I expected - I was up every 3.5hours or so as his Tylenol or Advil would wear off. So I would re-dose him, sleep, and repeat.
BBoy does'n have the flu - I think he was in a bit of shock over the whole thing and that's what made him puke. Just glad he did it at Grandma's house and not ours (lol)
Post a Comment