…Berry Baby only needs to sleep for half an hour at 11:00am and doesn’t mind being a walking disaster for the rest of the day (although his lovely mother minds very much)
…Berry Baby does not need to wear boots or mitts (or even socks) when it is –30(ish) and we are walking the mile from where I found parking in the Costco parking lot to the Costco store
…Berry Baby needs to stand in the seat of the shopping cart instead of sitting compliantly, forcing his already overheated and tired lovely mother to hold all 26lbs of him while standing in line for the cashier at Costco
…Berry Baby only needs to eat Fish Crackers and week-old oatmeal cookies that are discovered in the car, and does not need to eat the healthful and wonderful meals that his lovely mother spends good money on for him
…Berry Baby’s lovely mother needs to go shopping alone
Stinker.
6 comments:
Enter the evening grocery run! You and me babe, sans berry and prairie babies let loose on the town. Oh yeah. We shall prevail.
Ahhh...yes. Grocery shopping alone feels like a vacation. Those grocery shops with unruly children literally take a year or two off our lives.
DId you ever think that you would one day say "OH to just grocery shop ALONE! that would be like Heaven!" HA LOL I never thought I would think of that as a treat!
My baby girl doesn't think she needs socks or shoes or clothes for that matter! She always takes her socks and shoes off and most of the time ends up losing a sock! Then you know ppl start staring like "Man that woman needs to learn how to dress her baby!" I just sometimes want to wear a sign "Don't mind me and my half dressed BABES!"
Oh the bliss of babies...at least yours is a babe mine is almost two and still does this! One thing I have learned though...TIGHTS! she can't get them off..but then again that wouldn't help you out..no you might get even more weird looks from ppl..Oh well..they will grow up then we will say man I miss that! Hang in there your not alone!
Joy
lol - thanks Joy :) I really wanted to wear a sign that said "I DID fully dress this child", or "NOT MY FAULT" or "YOU try keeping clothes on him..." I had at least 2 people come up to me to tell me that he had "lost" a boot since he only had one on (the other was in the cart) *sigh*
If this comment doesn't work, I throw in the towel. I had two clever comments previously posted... can't see them here! grrr...
Pchick is right... the evening run with her is wonderful and stress-free. (unless you're rushing home to tag team the kids b/c dh has hockey)
Here's hoping your lovely-mama self has a terrific time kicking back with a great flick and pchick tonight! (just a small sniff here)
I think my Costco shopping days with my 19-month-old twins may be numbered...but so far I have survived a few of those trips. On the most recent one, we actually scored big-time with Pop-Tarts as one of the food samples!
But yes, usually I do the late-night shops. And I tend to "reward" myself by buying make-up, hair colour, and Superstore T-shirts during those late-night outings. Especially if it's a Saturday night!!
Post a Comment