I had a really good start to the new year.
I spent it in my pjs (for the most part – until it was around 3pm and Berry Guy was asking me if I planned to get dressed or showered at all today) bawling my way through a great book and drinking lots of coffee.
Bliss.
After I was done crying and reading, I thought it would only be right to start the new year off with a run. You know, get off to a good start and all that.
So I hopped on the treadmill with Berry Boy watching a show, and ran for 7 minutes before he needed something that required me to go upstairs, whereupon I heard Berry Baby crying and up waaay too early from his MUCH needed nap *sigh*.
Then I spent the next 20 minutes running – that is, when I wasn’t consoling the teething one-year old, or reprimanding his brother for making him cry more, or trying to appease him with snacks. It was a great start (sarcastic tone *here*).
I also put in some time on The Plan, and by the end of the run and the workout my body felt like Jell-O. But that is to be expected when you don’t do anything exercisish for a month and a half and instead make a regular diet of coffee and Christmas cookies.
Today, however…
I am sore and achy (from The Plan), crabby (from crying too much while reading…no more books on Afghanistan for a while I think), and short tempered with the teether (who has been sleeping in – bless his heart – until 9am recently, but today decided that he could not possibly sleep past 6am and has been grumpy ever since…or is that me who’s been grumpy….).
Holidays, it appears, are over, and I have a sink full of dishes to do and a large pile of laundry that needs to be folded and a baby who can’t decide if he’s going to be happy or sad…did I say the other day that I wished we could just get back to normal life? I think I had someone else's normal life in mind...
6 comments:
Oh ho ho oh ho man. That stinks about your treadmill run. Yesterday, two of my kids were ON TOP of our pool table beside me as I ran on the treadmill, and one of them got hurt and I whipped my head around to see if they were okay and I totally wiped out and flew off the back of the treadmill. The kids laughed. I did not.
LOLOL - ouch :)
oh ho ho... Suzy rocks. I hate that she can take the cake on anything. Her running proves you can't even see the cake on her thighs. I briefly considered calling her a dirty name, but I enjoy her too much for that.
Yeah... normal life? I think it must be overrated. The creamcheese is slowly thinning in my veins, and I've been on the elliptical 2 for 2 now. It's a start.
LOL! Suzy just gave my favorite comedienne a *serious* run for her money! That was hilarious.
Oh, man, Berry Girl I didn't mean to upstage you. Sorry. I hate it when I do that. I always hate it when I tell a story, and then the next person says, "oh that's nothing, you should hear this!" That's a terrible thing to say. My point was, is...I feel your pain. It's almost...but not quite...better to not run at all than to run on the treadmill while actively parenting.
lolol - don't sweat it Suzy ;) I love it when you make me snort my coffee...
Post a Comment