Thursday, January 8, 2009

The (continuing) Plan

100_3770

 

So, since New Years Day I have run pretty much every other day, except this week when I ran Sunday then skipped Monday and Tuesday and ran Wednesday and Thursday.  I’ve also been doing the post-run strength training that my lovely and beneficent sister-in-law told me to do.

And the results so far?

My ass butt is really really really sore.  Really.

I blame the lunges.

And the sister-in-law.

Ok, but really, it feel so good to be active again after such a long hiatus of being sick and run down.  And I’ve been running mostly in the evenings (so I can watch great TV like Grey’s Anatomy) which causes me to sleep like a log.

At least when Berry Baby isn’t waking me for marathon crying sessions.

So, game on girls.  My half-marathon is only 4 months away (or so) and I’m going to kick some serious ass butt (insert cheeky smile *here*).

3 comments:

Chris said...

okay.. I need a kick in the pants today. the snacks I had last night were so bad, I had vivid dreams of youth retreats and bridesmaid dress shopping! yikes. I won't be able to get the groove on until after babysitting, so I may need an encouraging call or email.

And I know you'll give someone a whoopin in that 1/2M... even if it's your own little smartass.

Unknown said...

ooohhhh... this is wierd. I have been thinking about "training" all morning, working out my salvation and the spiritual muscles it stretches. Kicking some heiney in the heavenlies. Having a "plan" to keep my eyes focused on the prize and running without looking to the right or the left. (cause I've been missing time with Him the past few days).

Funny how exercise can be the perfect analogy for our spiritual lives.

Suzy said...

YOU can DO IT!!!