Saturday, January 17, 2009

Note to self…

695000_sticky_notes_and_pen

One (large) bowl of Fruity Cheerios for breakfast and one slice of toast with PB and honey for lunch (and several cups of coffee) does NOT provide quite enough energy to make it through an entire workout and run.  However, if, when your legs start to tremble like jello, you go and scarf down a small bowl of Vector and a glass of Coke, you will be able to complete the workout AND a 3.5 mile run with energy to sprint the last quarter mile (although you will feel a bit like throwing up when you finally hit the end of that quarter mile), thankyouverymuch Coca Cola beverage company.

It will, however, be challenging to make it back up the stairs once all is said and done.  And, when your blood sugar hits bottom 15min after your workout, you will be thankful for the remaining half-can of Coke.

The point of which is, EAT BETTER MORE FOOD BEFORE A RUN.

Also (as a side note), a Massage Therapist is your butt’s best friend, especially when said butt has a spasmy muscle in it that won’t go away no matter how many times you roll it over a tennis ball.

Just keepin’ it real.

4 comments:

Chris said...

oh gee... you leave yourself wide open for these pot-shots... you have a butt therapist?

oh my yes.

Dawn said...

Note to self...

Reread Berry Bloggerific for additional reasons to avoid running.

Ha ha!

Blessings!

Suzy said...

I always figure if I feel like throwing up then I worked hard enough. I remember at TWU soccer tryouts there would be people barfing everywhere. It was gross. I never threw up. I don't like to. It's gross. Am I still sitting here typing this? Must drink more coffee.

Berry Girl said...

lol - yeah, I always figured that if I (a) hadn't run for 30 min; and (b) wasn't sweating profusely; then I hadn't really "worked out".

I also hate puking.