Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A little help please…

timbits

ok, lookin for a little motivation here.  It’s Wednesday.  I ran on Monday.  I took Tuesday off out of respect for the root canal I had done just after lunch. 

So I need to run today.  Really.  I’m not kidding. 

Not just because it’s Wednesday, but also because I have been eating HORRIBLY since Saturday.  Like bag-of-Doritos-brownies-and-ice-cream-chocolate-caramilk-easter-bunnies kind of horribly.   I’m not kidding here either.

Let’s take yesterday for an example.  I started well and ate a good breakfast.  I had a good snack at work (yogurt and a fruit cup) and I ate a protein bar around noon as I headed off to the dentist.  Then the wheels kind of fell off the wagon.  So to speak.  I was soooo hungry during the root canal that I thought I might pass out.  So when it was all done, I made a beeline for the A&W close by and picked up a large fries and a chocolate milkshake.  I then spent the 30min drive home trying to chew fries on one side of my mouth and wrap my half-frozen lips around the milkshake straw.  Not an easy task, but I was hungry.  And I couldn’t taste anything, but again, I was hungry.

Then, I took the boys to the airport to pick Berry Guy up (he had been away for a meeting).  And we snacked on Timbits as we watched planes land.

And then we went for supper to Tim Hortons, and I  had another donut.

And then we came home, and I had a brownie with ice cream.  Because I could taste stuff again.  And I like ice cream.  On warm brownies.  With chocolate sauce.

Help me, someone.

So someone kick me in the pants (figuratively speaking) and tell me to get my genetically mennonite butt onto my treadmill before nature takes over and I start to look like *gasp* my mother.

11 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! Come on! You deserve a break every now and then. So you ate a few calories yesterday...ummm yeah not so bad. Just run the rest of the week and forget about it! We all need those days and believe me we all have them! I just wish I didn't. I have been working out a lot lately and some days I just need a good swift kick in the rumpus! But as soon as I get my workout done I feel so much better! Sorry I guess I am really not the motivation you wanted. Heh heh...you deserve a break we all do!
Joy
p.s. if for none other reason the root canal is enough!..man I hate those things you sit in that chair for forever it seems!

Suzy said...

NO Jen. Do NOT give yourself a break. (*whip cracking*) Git cher butt on that treadmill and RUN girl RUN before those timbits attach themselves to you! QUICK!

Alright, alright. I'm not that mean. But you DID ask for a kick in the pants, right?

;)

Berry Girl said...

lol - thanks both of you (I think) *grin* If only it had just been one day of horrific eating...

I'm ready though - I've been to the city, got my hair cut and my facial hair ripped out (another nod to my Mennonite genetics), made a light supper, so I will now get the boys to bed and lace up the runners...

Unknown said...

run Jane run! did you run?

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

lol! oh my that is sooo funny..and here I thought.."miss marking the miles on the sidebar" had it all together and well I thought I just can't read this because then I will be reminded of falling off the "running/jogging wagon" two plus years ago (when I ran 2miles every morning) and the guilt undoes me..but then you just surprised me..totally! Thanks for not having all together..and by the way don't stop..just start b/c I truly miss those times!
I. need. your. butt. kicking.

Nice to "meet" you!

Berry Girl said...

ah, thanks Dawn - it's nice to "meet" you too. Trust me, it all hangs together by a THIN thread here :)

Thanks for all the kick-in-the-pants. And honorable mention goes to Chris for actually CALLING me at the very moment that I had made the mistake of sitting down and had just begun to contemplate NOT running b/c I was too-tired-it-was-too-late-a-brownie-would-be-nice.

So I ran. And it was good. Uninterrupted even - no boys to referee, no husband to need help with something...bliss.

I feel better.

I may have even shaken off a Timbit or two...

Chris said...

That's my girl. I 'ran' too... and while those calories were still burning, I only polished off one brownie, the last small handful of cashews, and what may have amounted to 2/3 or 3/4 of a box of chocolate raisins. That's all... umm... I brushed my teeth now... I promise, I did. And I'm going to hunker down with Ian Fleming until my hockey player gets home. Cuz Diamonds are Forever.

Suzy said...

I laughed SO HARD at the reference to your facial hair being a nod to your Mennonite heritage. Hi-La-Ri-Ous.

Berry Girl said...

yep. my butt and thighs are pretty Mennonite too :)

Tracey said...

Berry girl, I have been known (RECENTLY) to eat a double scoop of Peanut-Butter-&-Chocolate Baskin Robbins ice cream and one-third of a bag of bbq corn chips for dinner.

So, you're not alone, but I am SO GLAD that you went for a run, because that is inspiring and helpful to me!

Yay Berry!

Leanne said...

That was hilarious! I have had those days a lot lately. :-(
Why do we dread exercising when it makes us feel soooo much better? Good for you for getting up and running and not putting it off. Leanne