Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby, It’s Cold…INSIDE

726975_icicle

It's –40

The furnace quit

Thank God for woodstoves

And fleecy blankets

And warm cuddly toddlers

And hot coffee

And latte

And wool socks

And moccasin slippers

And sweaters...

(I could go on...)

6 comments:

Chris said...

oh yeah for woodstoves!

(you forgot
-warm husband
-freshly baked cookies
-good books (naturally)

I had typed "warm husbands", but I thought that might take a wrong turn. I'm still snickering.

Unknown said...

Is the furnace up and running again? I forgot to ask what the problem was when we talked earlier... are you all gonna be sleeping on mattresses in front of the stove? I loved doing that as a kid.

Dawn said...

Considering where you live, I'm glad you're able to see the bright side of the furnace quiting. I'm afraid I would be the whiner... I hate to be cold.

Blessings and prayers for a quick (cheap) fix!

Suzy said...

Oh, NOOOOOO!!!! For realsies? That stinks man. You'd think there'd be huge business up there (over there?) for 24-hour heating.

Chris, you might just be on to something about the warm husband. I'm glad I don't have a visual with that one. :)

Berry Girl said...

hoho ha - verrry funny Chris:)
still cold here - but it made for a nice run on the treadmill in the basement, where it's 10 degrees. I ran in pants and long sleeves - never do that (lol)
hoping Furnace Guy comes today...and that he's more prompt than Tower Guy was...

Unknown said...

well, don't hesitate to leave your cell phone number with the furnace guy and come hang out over here for the day. We could make popcorn and watch movies and fritter the day away.