Friday, January 9, 2009

Nothing…

is more rewarding than getting off work, going to your mother-in-law’s to pick up your Berry Baby, and having him run to you with goofy laughter and arms outstretched in his weird, gimpy kind of way, totally beside himself with excitement.

Just fabulous.

100_3961

(equally as rewarding is managing to get your reluctant 5yr old Berry Boy to take an after-Kindergarten nap so as to be refreshed for partay time at Small Group and hopefully avoid the Time-To-Leave-Meltdown…)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh so rewarding! And hey... this in hindsight, but there was no meltdown?! yay!!! I have to wind down and relax and tell myself that the world won't end if our small group has to split up. Or multiply, which is a much healthier (still no consolation) way of looking at it.

Berry Girl said...

weeellll, small meltdown - definitely not happy to go home (as usual) and definitely tears...*sigh* just not sure what to do with this boy...

I know, not what I want either for small group. I really treasure that time, even on nights when it takes effort to get there and I wish I was just staying home, I still always love having been there.

Chris said...

I've just laced my shoes... I missed yesterday, but I'm gonna heed the kick in the butt. Thanks

Berry Girl said...

lol - anything for you my friend :) Happy ellipticalling - I'm gonna hit the treadmill myself in a while here...gotta get in a pre-emptive strike for The Meal at church tomorrow ;)

Joy said...

Hello Berry Girl! I just wanted to tell you thank you for leaving the nicest comment on my blog! I really do appreciate it! You are right contentment comes from the inside not the outside thanks for the reminder. Paul did write "whatever state I find myself to therefore be content" I have been sooooo guilty of not doing that lately since all this came about. Thanks so much! Oh and your boys are just too cute! I love little hugs! They are the best!