I certainly wouldn’t have minded it if Berry Boy hadn’t gotten bored playing by himself 40 minutes into my nap and started asking me every 5 minutes if I was done yet, how long was I going to be asleep, was I going to wake up now?
I wouldn’t have minded it if Berry Baby hadn’t had 3 outrageously smelly poopy diapers in the space of 4 hours – have MERCY.
I wouldn’t have minded one bit if the boys could have quietly watched Hopalong Cassidy while I ran my 3.5miles this afternoon, instead of making me get off and on the treadmill 50 bazillion times (ok, not really, more like 3, but it felt like 50 bazillion) – although I really only have myself to blame for this as I could have run during Berry Baby’s nap, thus removing at least one of the troublemakers, but I napped instead. And I don’t regret it. Except for the constant nagging. See above.
I wouldn’t have minded being able to take a shower without the soundtrack of little hands banging on the bathroom door the entire time and voices babbling and asking if they could “come in yet” and that I should “let them know” when they could come in.
I wouldn’t have minded it if the playroom cleaned itself.
But I would certainly have minded not having these two gorgeous boys around at all, even if they are sometimes annoying, and distracting, and smelly, which I can say because it’s now the end of the day and they are tucked in their beds and quiet and cute.
3 comments:
Seriously, I think every time I run on the treadmill while the kids are around is so stressful that it undoes all the de-stressing I had ever done by running outside.
love this post. so great. and true. I'm going now to check my two just to remind myself of their wonderful qualities.
ah yes... whenever I start to "mind" stuff that involves the kids, I just ask myself how empty life would be without those little distractions and "hassles"... and then it's all good.
Post a Comment