Helpful Housewifey Hints
Just thought I'd post this little trick I use when I've been shopping in the city all day (or most of the day, like I was today, even though we officially started "picking" today) and I don't have hordes of energy to prepare my usual 4course meal (snorting laugh here).
So here it is:
Pick up a hot roasted chicken at your last grocery stop (Superstore, Costco, Extra Foods...)
You will also need - a tangy BBQ sauce (Bulls Eye Sweet and Sticky is good, or Tony Roma's Carolina Honey), some buns (the Ciabata buns from Costco are nice, so are the buns from our local grocery store), some Mozzarella cheese, and some pickles (optional)
Take the chicken and pull all the meat off. Put it into a pot or a pan (or even into your crock pot if you have a few hours before supper)
Dump the bottle of BBQ sauce over it and stir it together
Heat it up on the stove (or in the crock pot)
Cut and butter the buns and broil them in the oven (or whatever) so that the butter is melted and the buns begin to toast a bit
Load the bun with bbqd chicken, top with a few slices of mozzarella and a pickle slice and serve.
Do any kind of side you like - easiest would be a pre-made salad package, or store bought potatoe salad (I hear Costco has a good one), or chips...you get the idea.
I love this meal - it's easy, it's yummy, it requires little prep, and it's better than frozen pizza (my other fall back). Enjoy.
Just thought I'd post this little trick I use when I've been shopping in the city all day (or most of the day, like I was today, even though we officially started "picking" today) and I don't have hordes of energy to prepare my usual 4course meal (snorting laugh here).So here it is:
Pick up a hot roasted chicken at your last grocery stop (Superstore, Costco, Extra Foods...)
You will also need - a tangy BBQ sauce (Bulls Eye Sweet and Sticky is good, or Tony Roma's Carolina Honey), some buns (the Ciabata buns from Costco are nice, so are the buns from our local grocery store), some Mozzarella cheese, and some pickles (optional)
Take the chicken and pull all the meat off. Put it into a pot or a pan (or even into your crock pot if you have a few hours before supper)
Dump the bottle of BBQ sauce over it and stir it together
Heat it up on the stove (or in the crock pot)
Cut and butter the buns and broil them in the oven (or whatever) so that the butter is melted and the buns begin to toast a bit
Load the bun with bbqd chicken, top with a few slices of mozzarella and a pickle slice and serve.
Do any kind of side you like - easiest would be a pre-made salad package, or store bought potatoe salad (I hear Costco has a good one), or chips...you get the idea.
I love this meal - it's easy, it's yummy, it requires little prep, and it's better than frozen pizza (my other fall back). Enjoy.
1 comment:
Yummmm!
Will have to try that! thanks for sharing!
Joy
Post a Comment