I love...
that you're such a go-getter. you want to be on the move so badly and it's so fun seeing you crawl and get into trouble, and then grin at me with your toothy little grin
that all you want to do right now is stand, because it's "new"
that I came to re-settle you for your nap for the THIRD time and you were proudly standing in your crib, absolutely pleased with yourself that you had finally done it

Berry Boy
I laughed...
when we were trapped in the car with you and you were *singing* "chicken playing a guitar" over and over in a very annoying way, and when I told you to please stop singing "chicken playing a guitar", you obeyed, and instead began to sing "Transformer playing a guitar" over and over (I can't accuse you of not listening)
I love...
that you run outside in your pj's first thing in the morning because your Dad is there working somewhere on the yard
that when I ask you to give me "five more minutes" of sleep in the morning you *usually* do and entertain Berry Baby for me
that you told me we were "having a special day huh?" when we went up to the lake yesterday and did basically nothing, but you were still having fun just being with us
that you *work* really hard with your Dad and *your* workers

Berry Guy
I love...
spending time with you at the lake, sitting on the beach, doing nothing at all
driving in the car with you, talking with you and enjoying being with you, and laughing at your sense of humour while the boys are crashed in the backseat
that you have time off work this year for the berry harvest - you are so much more relaxed about the season this year and it's a pleasure for me to see you like that
that you do jobs for me, like weedwhacking, which you don't really want to do but do anyway
1 comment:
I will not be envious of a day at the lake, or a husband content to sit and relax, or a mom who's coming to visit (for HOW many days?) Hope your cleaning went satisfactorily. Now I feel really guilty about the cabinets. Sorry, again. I'm not much fun for company right now - tomorrow will be the appointment, that should help a great deal.
So excited for you that your mom is coming to help and hang with you. Give me a shout if BBoy needs some other boys company for a bit... we'll be glad to take him!
Post a Comment