Thursday, July 10, 2008

In Which Berry Baby and Berry Boy Exasperate Their Mother Together...

ok, I must be more uptight as a mom than the average woman. Last night (Thursday) was night #2 of Berry Baby and Berry Boy sleeping in the same room - or should I say, NOT sleeping in the same room. oh yes, the I'm Too Excited To Sleep Because My Big Brother Is Right There phase is in full swing. Peals of laughter and shrieks of excitement are coming from their room, and while this is VERY cute it is SO not conducive to sleeping.

And I am BIG on sleeping. Especially for kids. And more especially for babies. Because when kids and babies have good sleeps, so do mommies (and I've also heard that it's important for development, yadda yadda yadda, but I'm trying not to kid myself here - my main motivation here is really my own sleep). And so I work VERY hard on making sure that Berry Baby has good naps, because good daytime sleep leads to good nighttime sleep, blah blah blah.

Which is why I am SO frustrated.

Because last night went EXACTLY the same as Wednesday night. Berry Baby went down first, bashed around his crib for an hour and then partied with Berry Boy until I removed the baby so that the boy could fall asleep.

So all my careful napping and bedtime planning are for naught. This irritates the crap out of me. Someone save me from myself. Or give me a better idea for bedtime - mine is OBVIOUSLY not working.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Is the room dark? Is your routine the same as in the office/nursery with BBaby? Would it work to put them down at the same time instead of different? BBoy is older and may feel entitled to a later bedtime, but if there is encouragement to hang together as 'guys', and let them bath, read a book together, maybe, just maybe, there's a fighting chance.