
yep, I'm already a day behind. Actually, I'm technically 3 days behind but I managed to double up my reading on two days, which is probably what I will have to do today as well. It frustrates me. It frustrated me last night when I went to bed and realised that my Bible was sitting there on my bedside table and I had forgotten to open it all day long. It frustrates me right now as I write.
I'm not an undisciplined person - I manage to run or workout almost every day, and I make sure it happens because I feel so good after and I like what it's doing for my figure and muscle tone. I force myself to do the dishes every day (even though I hate them) because I love waking up in the morning to a clean kitchen - it's like a fresh start every day.
So WHY is THIS so hard? This should be the best time of my day and really, it should be more important to me than running or dishes. I should be wanting to do it for generally the same reasons I do the other things - I like what it does to my spirit, I feel so good after, it's a fresh start to my day...
All right, enough complaining...the boys are playing, my coffee is hot, I'd better get my Bible and quit procrastinating. I do, after all, have two days of reading to do....
3 comments:
just pitch the guilt. there's no sense shovelling it on your own back. Don't bother doubling up, either... it's like sending a toddler to a crib as discipline... bedtime will become a nasty place to be... Heaping on extra readings will make it a chore.
I actually have a guilt-free reading schedule somewhere... let me know if you want me to hunt for it.
I too have great intentions... now that I'm caught up on your posts, I'm going to pick up and keep going in 2 Kings. See you in the morning!
you know, I was thinking (as I was slogging through 2 days of reading) that I really need a plan that doesn't require me to read, every day, 2 OT chapters and 1 NT chapter. Not that I don't like it, but it IS a lot of reading.
I'd LOVE to see your guilt-free reading schedule if you can find it!
There is no such thing as *behind*. Just meet Him where you're at today. And don't forget that He is not confined to His word either. You can meet Him in the hammock with a deep breath, a quiet spirit and a cold drink.
Post a Comment