Today is the first day of picking.I may have mentioned before that Berry Season is not my most beloved time of year.
While I like all the perks that come from having a 20acre berry orchard - I don't have to pick my own fruit (I hate picking), I don't have to sort my own fruit (I hate sorting), and I have fruit in my freezer LONG after everyone else has run out (it's almost a source of pride, I confess), I don't really care for the busyness of this time - Berry Guy is VERY busy, our yard is very busy, I am very busy...I'd rather be reading.
However, the season can no longer be held off, and today is the first day. The Hutterite Colony came rolling onto the yard at 7am and are happily picking away. Berry Boy is happily chatting away and is apparently on a first-name basis with "Josh", the Hutterite man who drives the "girls" here every year. I'm pretty sure that when they come next time Josh will be sure to bring a kid along to play with Berry Boy so that he doesn't have to endure the never ending barrage of comments and questions.
Oh well, time to strap on my "happy face" and be the "good helper" that Berry Boy is always saying that HE is...tomorrow will be another busy day...
No comments:
Post a Comment