yep, today's the day. D-day. The big M. The switcheroo. The big...umm...ok, I guess I'm out of euphimisms.Today, I am moving Berry Baby OUT of the office (which has been his bedroom for the last 8months) and into Berry Boy's bedroom. Yep. going to do it. today. this morning. right after I'm done on the computer. unless I can think up another plausable excuse to put it off...
I am both terrified of this and super excited for it.
On the one hand, I am quite sure that the interactions between the boys will be priceless, and an endless source of amusement, and great fodder for blogging.
On the other hand, we have just barely gotten rid of the Crappy Night Wakings For No Good Reason phase, the Waking Up Early Simply To Torment Mom phase, and my favorite, Yelling Shrieking And Crying For Two Hours Before Falling Asleep Just Because I Don't Want To Lay Down phase. I am of course referring to Berry Baby (although Berry Guy is also fond of the Wake Up Early Simply To Torment Mom thing). I have a deep and gnawing fear that all these things will return in the Adjustment To New Surroundings phase, also known as the I'm Too Excited To Sleep Because My Big Brother Is Right There phase.
However, I REALLY want my office space back, and I'm out of reasons to put it off. The bedroom walls and trims are painted, the new blinds are hung, the carpet is cleaned and dry...so I guess I just have to bite the bullet and do it...right away...as soon as I have a bit more coffee...
I'm going to try to stop hyperventilating now.
5 comments:
wimpy wednesday? way too funny.
you will make it through this, and if your boys are anything like mine, the rewards will far outweigh the rough nights. If they're not, I recant. I've been known to be wrong a time or two.
I'll be thinking of you this evening.
So, after 9 years of being awakened at night, wanna know the secret to not stressing about interrupted sleep? Have no expectations to sleep, then what sleep you *do* get, is totally unexpected and delightful LOL!
Okay, slightly exaggerated, but there is a gem of truth in there about expectations.... if I expect an uninterrupted sleep and feel my "right" to it is being *violated* I am resentful and, well, you know... the word that defines a mother dog's attitude.... then I need to remember, I'm supposed to be learning servanthood here.
I make a terrible servant.
Anyway, Prairie Guy has challenged me to look at prayer differently, to look past the physical symptoms and pray for the spiritual. This is TOUGH. Ie. I will not pop magic prayer tokens into a
heavenly vending machine and request a smooth and perfect transition for you, that Berry Baby and Berry Boy will fall asleep in an adorable and peaceful fashion and will sleep like logs all night to awaken well after your coffe and quiet time ;D
I will pray that whatever comes, you will be steadfast in your spirit to exercise the fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control, and I will take it one step further and pray that you will not only do this robotically, but that in doing it you will come to truly exude and *feel* them.
Letting go of expectations and practicing servanthood is one of the toughest places to get to for me, but in my short stints of "arriving" (before I mindlessly tumble off the wagon) I've found it's a happy place to be. I'm striving right alongside ya!
Nichole sure hits the nail on the head, hey? Great words, girl. thanks for the 2nd hand encouragement.
really, you're NOT going to pray for the whole falling-asleep-like-angels thing? COME ON!
(just kidding)
Thanks for that - I have definitely learned the lowered-expectations thing in the last while, although I still find I'm looking for the right "recipe" to get things to work perfectly. Thanks for the serving reminder,and thanks for the prayers.
Zach's at this moment enjoying his first nap in the "boys" room. I'll make everything look nice when he gets up, but at least he's in there!
I am interested to see how it goes for you... if we have another boy we will have to do the same... I found with my girls it worked wonders. Our little woman was still waking me up twice a night at a year and a half or so, when we finally decided to move her in with her sister and she copied her sisters sleep habits and we have peace... sure hope it goes as well for you with your boys...
Post a Comment