Saturday, July 19, 2008

Someone save me from this 4yr old...


Someone please tell me that they also have ridiculous conversations like this with their boys who talk incessantly and ask endless questions...


Berry Boy (looking at a wedding announcement card on our "wall of photo cards" - this picture is of a firefighter and his bride in an antique fire truck) Mom, when were you at that wedding?

Me: I wasn't

BB: Why did you get this picture?

Me: Because they're my friends

BB: (musing some more in front of this photo) Mom? Mom. mommy.

Me: WHAT??? (apparently just looking in his direction does not convince him that I am paying attention, I must also verbally acknowledge him even though he is only 1ft away from me)

BB: What is this? (referring to the antique fire truck)

Me: it's an old fire engine

BB: what's a fire engine?

Me: It's what Fire Fighters drive when they're going to fight a fire

BB: But why are they in it?

Me: because he's a firefighter

BB: Who?
Me: (exasperated - I'm beginning to feel like Abbot and Costello) THE MAN, who else?

BB: what's a firefighter?

Me: (trying not to roll my eyes) a person who fights fire

BB: with what?
Me: (when oh when will the questions end...) with water

BB: but Mom, that's not fighting (apparently he has an image in his head that they actually "fight" with the fire, like with fists and stuff...wierd)

Me: (tersely) yes it is, that's what they do, to put out the fire

BB: who?

Me: (trying hard not to yell now) THE FIREFIGHTERS.


sheesh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I *totally* hear this conversation in my head, as with whatever you write. You are such a great communicator, I love reading your sagas.

Joy said...

Funny! IT is amazing how their little wheels turn and those little heads!
Joy