Monday, July 14, 2008

Ugly Shoes


I am doing something I said I would NEVER do...and it irritates me. I said I would NEVER wear or purchase a pair of those ugly rubber shoes everyone seems so mad about. And here I sit, a pair of Dawgs on my feet. A pair of ugly Dawgs. A pair of ugly black clompy-looking Dawgs.

It's all because of my running. I've been doing really well with my running since my sister-in-law started "training" me via email. My motivation is back, my workouts have been GREAT, and everything was falling into place. I ran an easy 5K at our community Street Fair, pushing my 22lb Berry Baby in my fabulous jogging stroller and didn't have to stop once - I was feeling the rush of accomplishment.

Which led to an immediate crash (of course) - I developed the runner's dreaded "plantar fasciitis" which is really just a fancy way of saying my foot hurts. A lot. And I can no longer run until it heals.

Which brings me to the Ugly Shoes. My marathoning friend, who has experience with this injury, told me to definitely not walk around barefoot, and to for sure purchase a pair of Ugly Shoes because they're nice and cushy, and I should wear them around the house. I laughed at her, and then spent the day hobbling around my house until I caved in and ran to town to pick up a pair of Ugly Shoes.

Yes, they are very nice a cushy. Yes, my feet feel very good in them. Yes, they were worth every unfortunate penny I spent on them. But they're so blastedly Ugly. And I could have redeemed the Ugliness with at least getting them in a nice color, but the only color available in my size had to be black. So I am clomping around my house in shorts and these huge ugly black shoes. niiiiiiiice. Heaven help me if I get company....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They may be ugly, but dont'cha know ugly is IN??? I (the company you hoped you wouldn't get) thought you looked comfy and cute even in your ugly shoes. Thanks for the "perkfect" coffee :D

Chris said...

I'm with you... 100% I even blanched at buying them for my boys... until LHmall had them advertised at $5 a pair... that beat even the big Z's sandals... and I caved. And I didn't just buy an unassuming black either... nope... bright, gaudy, ukranian blue. wow. I have fallen great heights. my feet are still untainted, but if I ever hear of the sandal-type dawgs on sale... I'll be there in a heart beat. :) My condolences on your hard week.

Mac an Rothaich said...

LOL, honestly, mine are the ugliest cuz they are bright pink! My daughter was so proud of me for buying them and they are so great (been a life saver when pregnant) but I don't like to look directly at them.