Chris tagged me for this (so exciting, it's the first time I was "tagged" for anything - lol), so here you go...
I am...sweaty. I perspire. A lot. I sweat when I'm nervous. when I'm excited. when I run. really a lot when I run, like looking-like-I-just-showered-wet-hair kind of sweaty. I hate it. And Berry Boy, bless his little heart, has unfortunately inherited this trait from me. poor thing.
I want...to be able to stop yelling at the boys. I think I'm a yeller, and I really don't want to be.
I have...no self control when it comes to good food - if it's there, I'll eat it. and probably have seconds. I just promise myself that I'll run it off later *shrug*
I wish...that my house could sometimes look like adults lived in it - that the blankets could just stay on the beds instead of being dragged all the way to the living room, that the floor would look clean and not sticky, and that the toys would not be scattered hither and yon from one end of the house to the other...or that I had a housekeeper...
I know...that I am blessed beyond measure when I hear my boys giggling and playing, when Berry Baby runs to me with a huge smile and his chubby arms reaching up, when Berry Boy comes to my side and wraps his arms around my waist and says "I love you" out of the blue, when I snuggle into a warm bed beside a warm husband who loves me in spite of myself.
I hate...that hour before supper, when everyone (including me) is tired and getting hungery, and we're all kind of crabby and I'm just trying to get supper ready with Berry Baby clinging to my pant leg and Berry Boy asking repeatedly for a snack and negotiating what kind of snack he could have (as if that would change my mind)...
I fear...the dark (I know I know...but even still as an adult, it kind of creeps me out)
I hear...that caffeine is good for you - especially for running. Something about perceived exertion and endurance...whatever, I'll take it.
I crave...structure and routine. I need it, and it's probably what will make working from home a big challenge for me. And I'm not so great at creating it for myself. But I know I'm always most at ease when there's a good routine in place and things are working out, which is why when my boys were/are small, I work so hard to get them onto a good eating/sleeping routine, or a good bedtime routine. Now if I could just get myself onto a good routine...
I search...for better ways to deal with my own frustration, so that I can teach my boys better ways to deal with theirs
I always...order the same thing at Starbucks - it's either a Caramel Macchiato (grande, triple shot, half sweet, extra hot, low fat) or an Americano Misto (tall, triple shot). Anytime I decide to be adventurous and try something new, I always wish I'd just ordered my usual.
I usually...take until around 10am to be really "up". Like Chris, I wake up grumpy most days and have a husband who wishes I didn't (because he is all chipper and energetic in the morning)
I am not...a "collector" - I hate having junk laying around the house that I am not *allowed* to throw away because we just might need it someday for something. Clutter is my nemesis, and it's names are Berry Guy and Berry Boy
I miss...going to running club in the city when we lived there - there's not much that I miss about city life, but I do miss that - running along the river paths with a group of people who are enjoying the experience as much as me and understand things like "tempo run" and "negative splits" and don't laugh when you say "fartlek"
I love...coffee. and ice cream. and coffee ice cream. *drool*
I never...go to the city without stopping at least once at Starbucks
I rarely...take more than two days to read a book, not because I'm skimming but because the stories usually take me in so much that I can't put the book down and I just have to know how it all ends.
I cry...not very often, but at sad movies, or at sad episodes of Private Practice, but for sure when I have PMS or am pregnant (stupid hormones)
I lose...my temper way too often, and too often at the boys.
I should...spend waaay more time nuzzling and tickling and squishing Berry Baby's soft, chubby tummy and arms and legs - what's more lovely than a bare chubby baby? - this time is going to go way too fast and before I know it his toddler belly will be gone *sniff*
I worry...that I am not a very good mother, that we are making terrible mistakes raising the boys, that one will think that we love the other more, that they will pick wives that I will not like, that my weight isn't where I want it to be, that I'm not running fast enough or far enough...
I dream...of running a sub-55min 10K, or a sub-2:05 half-marathon. If I were really dreaming, I would take another 5min off of each of those, but a girl has to be a little realistic...
so, I guess I am supposed to tag someone else, but my options here are a bit limited as I have a readership of, oh...5? maybe 6? (it's grown from 2). So, I tag Becky and Prairie Chick, if you're in.
5 comments:
I saw this on Chris's and was afraid it might hit me, lol... I am joking... I am sure I can find the time to do it.
I so understand your dislike of clutter... I work so hard at keeping it away. I find I can never simplify enough...
I don't feel so bad about my 'starbucks' problem if you HAVE to stop there too (lol). Actually I haven't gotten any since baby four arrived, poor me,lol...
I don't always like these things, but I thought this one was fun, and easy, since each one has a starter...
I love that we have so much alike... the desire to be great, and the grace to forgive ourselves for the messes we make of life.
You're a terrific wife and mother, and I sure enjoy spending time together.
Great post Berry Girl! I didn't know you loved Starbucks! And seriously, you and I order the exact same drinks, except I don't do half-sweet. Should though. Good thinkin'.
oh that supper prep hour, that awful, disgusting supper prep hour. I've learned to leave the playroom and kids room clean up for that hour so that whaatever they are crying or yelling about, I don't have to hear them. and you think *you're* a bad mother, he he.
I'll take the bait, but it might take me a day or so to get to it.
yeah, this was fun. It was interesting to think about it as I was writing it - also always good to know I'm not the only Starbucks "addict" out there ;)
Chris - you're a treasure. So glad we're friends.
Suzy, I just prefer my coffee more on the bitter side than the sweet side...I love that macchiato b/c it's so nice a strong in the beginning, and then mellow out at the end...mmmmmm...
PC, can't wait. I love reading these things - it's such a neat snapshot into a person.
Post a Comment