Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ridiculously Good Recipes

Just in case you thought that we were at the end of our Toblerone Holiday recipes, I thought I'd better post this one right away so that we could get it over with. You know, like ripping off a band-aid.
Come on, you know you want it.

I present to you (and to your hips and thighs):

No-Bake Toblerone Cheesecake
(just when you thought it couldn't possibly get worse)
Oh yeah. And it tastes every bit as good as it looks.
The great thing (or should I say, one of the great things) about this cheesecake is that it's a no-bake, so when your oven is all busy baking stuff like turkeys and stuffing, you can still be whipping up this delectable little jewel.
It's creamy, it's smooth, it's un. be. lievable.

1 1/4C Oreo Baking crumbs
1/4C butter, melted
2 pkg (250g each) Cream Cheese, softened
1C Smooth Peanut Butter
1C sugar
2 bars (100g each) Toblerone, divided
1 1/2C thawed Cool Whip topping

MIX the crumbs and the butter and press firmly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Refrigerate 10min.

BEAT the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Chop one bar of the chocolate and stir it into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in 1Cup of the Cool Whip. Spoon the mixture over the crust and refrigerate 3hours.

MICROWAVE the remaining 1/2C Cool Whip and 1bar of chocolate on HIGH for 1min. Stir until chocolate is melted and well blended. Cool slightly, then pour over the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(from: Kraft What's Cooking; Festive 2006)

now, how easy is that?
Next week we'll start on the cookies (insert evil laugh *here*)

1 comment:

Joy said...

This looks terribly good and awfully fatting! Oh man this time of year really does tend to stick to a girl(if you knw what I mean) and well after reading your sweater issues...I am wore out.
I just wish I could wear that kind of sweater without lookings like a beached whale! HA
Anyways my take on clothes is never ever keep something if I don't absolutely love it! Well didn't mean to get in to all that just commenting about cheesecake!
Joy