Saturday, November 8, 2008

I am chagrined.

Apparently, my friend, with whom I just ran a 10k race (her first), mentioned to her husband (who mentioned to me) that there was a "moment" there where she thinks she *may* have "had me".
*snort*

"May" have had me? Try *totally* had me. If it weren't for that last burst of fear-induced speed, she would certainly have passed the finish line ahead of me. Slightly.

So now it's on baby. I don't know if my motivation to get faster and stronger has ever been this high...if I don't run the best stinkin' half marathon I have EVER run this coming Spring, well then I'll...I'll...well I'm not sure what I'll do. But you won't want to see it. Or maybe you will. Either way, it's going down, and by "it" I mean my mile times. Because just for ONCE, I'd like to be the fast one.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you go girl, knock yourself out and then come and recoup in the hot tub which totally ROCKS! You know where it is... you guys help yourself to it anytime.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Lol, go for it!

Dawn said...

I'll just stand over here to the side and hand you water as you run by... run by very fast!

Ha ha!

Berry Girl said...

lol - ah yes, there's nothing like fear and anger to motivate a girl ;-)

Chris said...

every time I get on that new "strainer" of mine, and I pass the five km mark, I think of you and keep going. I passed 23 min this time at a 5, which is the most so far (passed the 200 cal. mark) Yay! And you are SO faster ;)