Monday, November 24, 2008

Mushy Mondays

Berry Boy

I love the way you can play forever with your lego, even if it means that your Lego is scattered all over my antique buffet which really kind of mars the whole "adults-live-here" thing, but is necessary to keep it out of Berry Baby's chubby hands so I let it go...because it's worth it to have you so occupied for such long periods of time, talking to yourself and making the Batman guy talk to the Skeleton guy...

I love (and hate) your enthusiasm for Cutting Stuff Out. You could spend hours cutting out cars, batman, really any picture you think is "cool" and you're getting really good at it. Not so good at the cleaning-up-after thing...

you made me laugh...
-when I found you sitting on the toilet with a book in hand, doing a little "toilet reading" - apparently we're related after all...
-when you saw a boy on TV who had had heart surgery and you asked me what was wrong with him, and I said he was sick, and you contemplated that for a second and then said "probably had too much sugar"


Berry Baby
You make me laugh when I see you sitting in your brother's desk at home, all proud of yourself for being able to climb up there and sit like a big boy, and that you can get on and off and on and off repeatedly for 45 minutes.

I giggle when I see you giving me your "new" cheeky, one-eye-kind-of-winking smile that you seem to reserve specifically for the camera
I love snuggling with you at the end of the day, when you're fresh and clean from your bath and drinking your bottle while we sit in the dark in your bedroom. Those are sweet moments for me.

you make me laugh when you walk around swiffering the floor with great purpose and throw a fit when anyone tries to take the swiffer away



Berry Guy

you make me laugh when I hear you singing to the boys - because you are completely tone deaf and you change key approximately 10 times per verse...but they love it anyway and I love it too.

I love it that you help with the dishes and do the cutlery because you know that I hate doing the cutlery

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love mushy mondays. Thanks for the sweet pick me up that was fat free, caffeine free and healthy. Cuz the chocolate chip cookie I just downed only tastes like more. Gotta love breakfast.

Unknown said...

always, always smile on mushy mondays. I'm so glad you bit the bullet and started blogging and make this a regular habit, stopping in here is a sunny moment in my day, whatever the weather.

Berry Girl said...

awww, you guys *sniff sniff* :)

Chocolate chip cookie for breakfast huh? Sounds familiar.

Berry Girl said...

so I'm sucking back the chicken noodle soup today...feel like total crap. I thought I was kicking this cold/junk in my chest, and now I'm running fevers again and feeling like my skin aches.
Considered going to see Markentine but he's out for the week...and I don't like seeing Worth(less) (is that overly mean?) which was the only option today...how would one know if one had a chest infection anway?

Chris said...

couldn't get you by phone... hope that means you've turned the phone off, put the boys to bed (or movie) and are happily in a cough-free dreamland. Might be worth going in for... that sounds simply miserable. call for comfort... I'll most likely be here.

ps. it wasn't just a cookie... it was coffee too. just for the record

Berry Girl said...

*snort* oh well then, the coffee makes it soooo much better ;)
I thought I would be clever whilst grocery shopping in town this morning and talked BBoy out of buying Oreos (which I love) and instead buying those Voortman Christmasy cookies (2 for $4) which I thought would be less appealing to me...NOT. Those crazy green wreath cookies - YUM. Now I'm in trouble...