So. In my quest to become Super Fast Running Girl (by which I mean running anywhere under a 10 min mile - which, for those of you who don't know better, is not that fast) I have run exactly ZERO times since that almost-devastating Jingle Bell Run. Yep. I'm well on my way to setting records...for inactivity maybe.First, I thought I'd take a day or two off. Which lingered on into 4 days, and then 5...and then I decided that the next day I was going to run for sure, and immediately came down with a hum-dinger of a cold. And not just a *cold*, but a *cold* which is accompanied by a limitless amount of gross stuff in my chest that I can never really get rid of. And in my nose. Where does all this stuff come from anyway?
So today I was *chatting* (in an on-line sort of way) with my running friend (see Jingle Bell Run above) and she said she wasn't feeling so great, and I said that I hadn't run at all since the race, and she said good, because she had run once and had promptly felt like throwing up after.
*smirk*
Here's where I am a bad bad person. I'm not feeling sympathetic. Or even empathetic. Oh no. I'm feeling glad. Happy even. Really, really happy that her run was so hard that she wanted to puke. Apparently, I have no desire to see her succeed.
What is wrong with me?
I'm secretly thinking to myself (well, not so secretly now since it's now on my blog...) good, that will make it SOOOO much easier for me to surpass her and beat the pants off of her in Spring.
I'm just going to keep gloating for a while. Until I get back on my treadmill again...because when I do I'll probably want to throw up too.
5 comments:
the first step is admitting your problem....
and of course, the second is making that last latte before the burn.
lolol - oh for sure :) because we all know that caffeine helps you run faster (or so I hear)
Hey! Hey hey hey! It IS TRUE that coffee makes you run faster! (I'm trembling)
Running totally helps me clear out snot. Just last night, while I was running, all of a sudden I felt the urge, so I blew my nose into the night air (it was dark out...no judging) and it was all the bad naughty stuff coming out of my body.
I'm on antibiotics for strep throat, so I think that's what it was.
This is disgusting.
I love it.
I understand your mentality regarding your friend (competition?) and the running thing. I have one of those I race against (and lose against) every February. Gah. We need competition, otherwise we'd be running against ourselves. *yawn* Right? RIGHT?
hmmm, so you run whilst sick? May have to try that as it doesn't seem to be getting much better...
and I agree, what would running BE without a little competition...I mean, you can race against your old times to get better times, but nothing gets you going like a friend who almost beats you when they TOTALLY SHOULDN'T (ahem)
Post a Comment