Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today's Thankful list:


for the quadventicaramelmacchiatolowfathalfsweetextrahot that I got to enjoy with two great friends and my two fabulous boys yesterday at the "big mall", relaxing in the "comfy" chairs and snacking on the wonderfully terrific "petitevanillabeanscones" that will surely be the end of me...

for the warm sun and the cooler edge to the Fall air, and the anticipation of the Fall colors that are starting to arrive...

for Berry Guy, who helped me do dishes last night (shock...awe...) - his fathering, husbanding, and the way he takes care of us...
for the First Day Of Kindergarten this afternoon, which may also be the end of me (just kidding...kinda...)...

for Berry Boy, who asked me to do his hair "cool", in a "mowhawk", and who looks ridiculously cute with it...

for Berry Baby, even though he's not giving me much sleep lately, but he's so darn cute and I love his toothy little smile and the happy chortle he makes when I squeeze his squishy thighs...
for the ability of my legs to move my unwilling body OUT of the kindergarten classroom and leave my precious 4-almost-5-yr-old Berry Boy in the hands of his wonderful teacher and her helpers (thus saving me from being *that* mom who has to be told that it's time to leave now so that the kids can get on with their day...)





"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth...Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together" (Ps. 34:1 & 3)

6 comments:

Chris said...

***sigh***

you were in my thoughts all day.

can't wait to hear how it went.

Unknown said...

I can't imagine the depth of bittersweet angst that must have been yours as you turned away from that room, or the unbridled joy of seeing him burst out those doors surrounded by his pals at the end of the day. On monumental days like this I almost envy not being part of it. almost. =D Do tell all the wonderful and memorable details!

Berry Girl said...

it was great. HE was great. I was actually relieved to get him there so that he could quit asking all morning "is it 1:00 yet?" "NOW is it 1:00?" "How about NOW?" (he only had a half day today).
I did have that moment though, where I almost overstayed my welcome :) It was totally a matter of FORCING my legs to move me out of the room...BB TOTALLY didn't need me (lol)
I think next week will be tougher when he goes for the whole day on Tuesday, plus I'll be going in to work for the morning. I was thinking I should have bumped that work-start back a week to give myself some time to "recover" - feeling a bit anxious about it all.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Your guys are adorable.

My boy so doesn't need me it is almost insulting, lol... he LOVES school...

Those vanilla scones are a new addiction of mine... I keep buying them in sets of three (to share with the kids) but then end up eating at least two and have managed to find an excuse to stop and get them with my fav drink three times this week... curse of living walking distance from a Starbucks now...

Berry Girl said...

lol Rebecca - I am a total addict to those little treats :) I buy them in threes too - I'm just glad that I can only do it once in a while (lol)

Berry Girl said...

oh, and I have to say - after really not *needing* me, the best part of the day was when I went to pick him up and he came flying at me and nearly bowled me over with a huge hug. Best mommy moment of the week.