
I had an extremely rare moment this afternoon where BOTH the boys were in bed for a nap AT THE SAME TIME.
huh.
I immediately panicked.
I mean, what does a girl do with some "free" time? I had a big decision to make here...nap, run? If I ran, and one or the other of the boys woke up, my run would be interrupted (that sucks). If I napped, my nap could be interrupted (that also sucks). If I ran, I would be one step closer to looking fabulous in my dress pants without the aid of supercontroltop pantyhose while not feeling guilty about eating Ice Cream at Chris's house when I will also be eating a lovely dessert later at Rebecca's house. If I napped, I would probably be less crabby and not so worried about using supercontroltop pantyhose. I knew I probably should run, partly because of the ice cream, but mostly because the Jingle Bell Run 10k is coming up, and for heaven's sake I need to be faster than someone that I'll be running with, plus I didn't run yesterday, and I've been eating cupcakes like there's no tomorrow...but I am tired thanks to the ever-difficult Berry Baby and his penchant for crying at odd hours through the night...
Suddenly I realised I had just wasted 10 precious minutes trying to decide what I was going to do. More panick.
So I napped.
Sort of.
I went to the couch, snuggled in, and lay there. I may have slept. But if I did, it was the kind of sleep where you feel like you haven't slept. But when I looked at the clock, 40minutes had gone by, so I MUST have slept...
I went to the couch, snuggled in, and lay there. I may have slept. But if I did, it was the kind of sleep where you feel like you haven't slept. But when I looked at the clock, 40minutes had gone by, so I MUST have slept...
and since the boys were still quiet, and I was still tired, I turned over to continue my *nap*, except by then the houseflies had found me. It's inevitable, that when I'm relaxing or reading or sleeping on the couch, at some point the Incredibly Irritating Housefly finds me. It lands in my hair, on my face, on my hand, almost in my nose...it's Incredibly Irritating. And it makes napping impossible. And then I thought I heard a boy making noise, which made me listen really hard for more noise, and by the time I was convinced that there was no noise, the Incredibly Irritating Housefly landed on my nostril again, and my nap was so over.
So I guess I'll go for that run.
As soon as I kill a few houseflies.
4 comments:
showering helps.
(snicker)
loser.
:)
wanna know how obsessive compulsive I am? Everytime one of those incredibly irritating houseflies bugs me, I grab the swatter and must. kill. twentyfive. How scary is it that I do this 4+ times a day?
GOOD!! So my house isn't the only one invaded by dozens of flies!
Post a Comment