
ok, so Prairie Chick inspired productivity in me today. Right before I read her post for today I was contemplating how nice it would be to nap with Berry Baby this morning...and then she kicked me in the pants.
So I have been "productive" - doing the laundry, pulling out errant daisy plants in the flower beds, washing up bottles, making and drinking coffee, feeding kids, dressing kids, changing diapers, putting down for naps, watching Kid Shows, arguing with Berry Boy about snacks, pulling rocks out of Berry Baby's mouth, tidying up the laundry room, folding the wrinkly laundry that has been in the dryer for 2 days, washing that wierd sticky spot on the landing...
After all this "productiveness", I have realised the following:
I would kill for a dishwasher
I do not have enough coffee
Gardening is a job best left for when Berry Baby is napping
I would kill for a live-in maid
Berry Boy either has a stomach the size of a walnut, has a very high metabolism, or is part Hobbit
I forgot to eat breakfast
I need a smaller yard, or fewer flower beds, or a gardener (preferably a gardener)
I would really like to have a nap
Power on, housewives. I'll get back to my disaster after my nap.
13 comments:
dear sweet friend, don't plunge into glum-land... and don't bother fall into the temptation to bother coveting a maid, dishwasher, gardener or cacao bean tree. (although the latter would be fun)
It's just not worth the time or the effort to pull yourself out of the slump afterward. Call if you have too many dishes... we made quick work of them yesterday!
Gardens are overrated (messy ones are signs of thriving other interests) Laundry can always get re-fluffed with a wet towel and 10min to spare. If you put a wet sleeper on BBaby, he may just wash your floor for you!
My little hobbit also has a diminutive spot for a meal to temporarily inhabit... and last night I got to see how small! And this morning. Hope your hobbit's better than mine.
:rotflol: since I talked to you a few times today, I know you are not really glum, just your humorous self, your complaining is always more (less?) than half hearted, and I consider it adorably part and parcel of wonderful you.
I hear you on the maid and the dishwasher though. Not that I'd *kill* or anything, but yeah, they'd make life a wee bit less hectic. According to Chris I must have lots of other thriving interests, because MAN is my garden messy! (once the plants were bigger than the weeds, I turned a blind eye and didn't pick another weed. Plants did just fine, but not exactly an "aesthetic" garden....
and the laundry. oof. the laundry. I hear ya. I was just counting as I loaded my second load today. 25 pieces of clothing per load. 2 to 3 loads a day, translates to 300 pieces of clothing washed this week (not counting intimates). Hello???? How one earth is that even possible. And the stuff is seriously dirty too. I'm checking.
aesthetically pleasing of course....
lololol - 300 items of clothing hey? That's amazing. I would prefer not to know :)
My last load just went in the washer and I'll fold it all after the boys are in bed so that I can have an excuse to watch TV (there better be something decent on)
and Chris, you can come over ANY time and do dishes with me :)
It is fun to complain sometimes (lol) ah well, back to work.
>>I would prefer not to know<<. Yeah. Ignorance is bliss.
ok - I have a new one to add to my list of things I *need*...I would LOVE to have a live-in cook, at least tonight (and last night...ok, most nights). I am totally stumped for supper ideas, and I don't have the car so I can't do what I usually do and run to the grocery store for inspiration (lol)
Do you guys ever get tired of thinking up meal ideas?
no. never out of ideas. And I NEVER have pancakes three times in one week either. And I don't stop at the store just for ideas. And I don't keep bags of nachos just for such occasions. And I will not succumb to cereal with milk as a supper menu. Ever.
ps. I'd even let you haul your dishes in a laundry tub to my place for a turn in the whirlpool too!
you'd better be being sarcastic (lol)
but hmmm, pancakes...
I'm making crepes, with fresh apple butter filling. Cause whenever I pick any fruit that's just what we do to inaugurate the pickin'... make crepes. Good thing we like crepes!
Pancakes three times in a week wins. I wish. Prairie Guy is not that forgiving. yet. He's getting better =D I love you guys. Being able to shoot the breeze like this in between washing and simmering, and stirring and milling and washing and....... it's just great for keepin' my spirits lifted.
I'm making crepes, with fresh apple butter filling. Cause whenever I pick any fruit that's just what we do to inaugurate the pickin'... make crepes. Good thing we like crepes!
Pancakes three times in a week wins. I wish. Prairie Guy is not that forgiving. yet. He's getting better =D I love you guys. Being able to shoot the breeze like this in between washing and simmering, and stirring and milling and washing and....... it's just great for keepin' my spirits lifted.
me? I don't do sarcasm. I own it. Heaping shares.
I'm serious about the dishes. And the pancakes. We do it alot. My boys beg for crepes, but I've got to have enough time to make the sweet white sauce and a fruit sauce too, so it doesn't always fit.
You must love those crepes to write about it twice, dear N. That or you're so wiped you hit it twice =)
wierd that came up twice. about the crepe sauce, I hear you. That's why it was seven something when we ate that night?! I was making the apple butter anyway, and just whipped up some cream to go with it. P-guy was on the road and didn't get home til 7:30 so it offered me the opportunity for a late supper. I kept the kids topped up on bananas til it was ready. That was quite the day!
Take-out Pizza from Laird should "win" too - last Friday I counted no less than 3 people from Waldheim (besides me) leaving Laird, presumably with pizza (lol)
Post a Comment