
Berry Boy
I love
the way you can make a 1-syllable word into a 2-syllable word...like "corn" becomes "coren".
I love
the way you can make a 1-syllable word into a 2-syllable word...like "corn" becomes "coren".
the way you exclaim "hoh" at the beginning of your sentences, just like a good little mennonite boy (as in "hoh, that's a nice Bobcat" or "hoh, this is a great meal mom" or "hoh, that's a deep hole"...)
that you're concerned about your hair looking "cool" and after I style it for you, you spend the rest of the day touching it to make sure it's still "cool"
the way that you compliment my clothes (as in "hoh, I like that green sweater a lot mom")
You made me laugh
when your Kindergarten teacher came for your home visit and asked if you were excited to go to Kindergarten, and you told her "well, I've already been to Kindergarten before" like it was so last week, been-there-done-that (because you'd gone ONCE for your Kindergarten orientation day)
when you were waiting at the kitchen window for the guy with the Bobcat to come around the house to dig a hole in the backyard, and you said "hoh that Bobcat is sure wasting time" because he was taking too long (or you were too impatient)
Berry Baby
You terrify me
with your standing independently and your walking-along-furniture skills, because I'm pretty sure it means you will be walking before your first birthday
You melt my heart
when you snuggle in for your bottle and finger your hair above your ear, and then finger the hair above MY ear (and then shove your finger into my nose...ok, that's slightly less heartwarming, but still cute)
when you crawl over to me with a big toothy smile on your face, grab my knee and bite/slobber all over my knee and pants
Berry Guy
I love
seeing you and Berry Boy go out to work on the "swamper camper" or the Jeep. He loves working with you so much.
seeing you wrestle with Berry Baby and encourage him to walk
sitting with you on the couch, listening to your plans for your current project, or talking about the boys and their antics.
1 comment:
hoh hoh hoh... so laughing over here. That's classic.
Post a Comment