Thursday, September 25, 2008

And then there was the "run"...


uh huh.
Apparently, it is just one of those days.

I like to do a 3min walking warmup on the treadmill before I really get into my run. Today, in the space of that 3min warmup, I had to retrieve a VCR tape from Berry Baby's mouth, go upstairs to get the glass of water that I forgot, go BACK upstairs to get Berry Boy a granola bar, go pee...so what should have been a 3min warmup turned into 10minutes of frustration.
And that was just the warmup.

Then I tried to get into the actual "run", which was supposed to be a hill workout. I made it through the first set of hills, and then Berry Baby decided that he was going to try to walk, by himself, for the first time. Ok, this was a really GREAT disruption. I ran upstairs for my camera and spent a few minutes taking pictures and video. And then, because he was just so stinking cute, I spent the rest of my run jumping off the treadmill every time it looked like he was about to walk again.

Long story short - what should have been a nice 35min run actually took me, oh, about 50minutes...I'm not sure if this even ended up qualifying as a "run" to be honest.

So, I'm not entirely sure I actually "napped", and the run was a disaster (although Berry Baby was worth it...)
Better luck tomorrow?

2 comments:

Chris said...

that's a great reason for a rotten run.... those cute pants can wait.

Berry Girl said...

yeah, I have to confess, I wasn't THAT frustrated since I got some good video :) however, I WAS wishing that I'd eaten less buttercream icing in the past 3 days...