Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pass the "buck" please...


So, after a long day of Kindergarten, work, and playing, I had both the boys in bed, the dishes washed, the kitchen cleaned, the living room tidied, and was ready to "relax".

I went to the bathroom to take out my contacts and discovered yet another place that desperately needed a cleaning *sigh* but chose to put it off until tomorrow...except that I noticed that Berry Boy, in his hand-washing-exuberance, had left water all over the counter top. *bigger sigh*. And the water was soaking into various things left scattered on the counter - specifically, my very very good makeup brush. *frustrated sigh*.

So I started to pick things up out of the water to dry them off. Which was when I noticed that the "water" smelled awefully grape-ish. And was kind of purple. And sticky. Not unlike the Dimetapp that was in the bottle on the counter that was laying on its side...

and then I got really irritated, because obviously Berry Boy had knocked over the bottle of Dimetapp while he was washing his hands, and now it had leaked all over the place, specifically into my very very good makeup brush. Not to mention the waste of good medicine.

So as I cleaned the mess up I grumbled in my head at Berry Boy, vowing to begin supervising handwashing time, wishing I was reading my book instead of crash-cleaning the bathroom.
grumble grumble grumble.

Until it hit me, like a 2x4...how probably the Dimetapp wouldn't have leaked had a certain someonewhoshallremainnameless properly replaced the cap last night at 2am when she was dosing one or the other of the boys...and that probably the blame didn't rest on poor little Berry Boy who had just been the brunt of a severe mental tongue-lashing...

And THEN my last Sunday School class came to mind, and how I had brought up the fact that as a society we are so reluctant to take the blame for anything, and are always finding ways to shift the blame onto someone or something else...

yup. got it.

4 comments:

Chris said...

ow! what a revelation, at not such a great time...

I was fearing halfway through that a little BB had gotten a hold of the yummy grape 'juice' and had an upset tummy by the sink. Praise God it wasn't that ending to this little story!!!

yep... I'm prone to that too...

Unknown said...

the plight of humanity since the fall... take solace in the fact you are human and hope in the glory that has been rewarded your human-ness in Christ Jesus. (Sorry, still ridingthe waves of a spiritual high after reading that passage in II Corinthians this morning!) Talk about perspective! (((hope you have a cheerful day))).

Oh, and I know the hot tub has something to do with MMFI and salvage, so it's not like I am *totally* in the dark, but due to the nature of *salvage* and my husband's ability to do a complete mental turn around for reasons that ellude me... well, like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Berry Girl said...

lol - no hopes up indeed. I am plagued by the same things with Berry Guy...what is a great idea today in 5mins may be replaced with an even greater idea (lol) I just don't count on anything until it actually arrives...and even then it may get sold shortly thereafter...

Suzy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Being a paranoid freak, I would have totally spazzed when I saw the Dimetap and assumed somebody small had guzzled it and drag them to the hospital to get their stomach pumped out without even thinking that maybe they HADN'T drank it. I need to chill.