Berry Boy
I think my heart failed…
when you came downstairs where I was watching TV after I was sure you were asleep – you wanted to go to your own bed (you were laying down in ours) – and you scared me so bad that I both jumped and yelled, which in turn startled you and made you cry
I thought it was so sweet…
when you had finally gotten back to (your own) bed, and over the monitor I could hear Berry Baby start to cry in his sleep, and you hushing him with a soft “shhh shhh shhh” just like you hear us do (this is much cuter than when you knock Berry Baby over and make him cry, and then frantically say “shh shh shh” to get him to stop crying before I can come and find out what happened and give you trouble for it)
I then started to laugh…
when you were done shushing Berry Baby and instead decided to sing…a very quiet jazzy version of the ABC song, which turned into a very quiet jazzy version of “Twinkle Twinkle” – all over the baby monitor.
Berry Baby
You are hilarious…
in your enthusiasm for the Christmas tree decorations. The bottom 2 ft of the tree is now bare of hanging things because you have pulled them off and either broken them or had them replaced higher up.
when you stand on the desk seat, point in the air, and *talk* about something very important (to you – I have no idea what you’re talking about, but you are very emphatic about it)
I laughed (in dismay)…
when I left you eating your meatball and rice, and came back to find you like this:
goofy expression and all…
sticky sweet and sour rice in your hair…
but really, who could be mad at that face?
5 comments:
What a sweet glimpse into your life!
Blessings!
have I told you this week that I love mushy mondays? The pic of Bboy goes so nicely with the tale. I can picture it all.
Oh, your boys remind me of my life 5 years ago! So cute!!!
I just love those "important" tales from incoherent toddlers. They are the best.
Very sweet. My two year old does the same shhh for when she is being bad. My eldest used to do that all the time. She was good at buggin her brother till he cried and also so good at singing till he fell asleep.
Post a Comment