Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Plan

1092493_track

ok, so I found my glasses (phew).  I had hunted for them high and low and was really really sickeningly sure that they were sitting on the desk in our last hotel room (groan)…but after completely dumping out the contents of my diaper bag, there they were (happy dance *here*).  This, incidentally, was not the first time on this trip that I was convinced that I had left my glasses behind.  What I did leave behind, at my brother’s house, was my really great Starbucks Stainless Steel Thermal Press Mug *sob*.  I may get it back in a year or so…with the way my family is so quick to mail stuff…my sister usually sends their Christmas card and family picture sometime in summer or late fall…from the previous Christmas…

So anyway, I am brimming with excitement today, even though it is barely an hour since I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed and even though I am only half-way through my first cup of coffee and even though I can smell Berry Baby from 2 feet away…

I REGISTERED FOR THE HALF MARATHON TODAY.

(sorry Suzy, not the Vancouver…I’m gonna have to run closer to home)

I’m so psyched.  When we were at my brother’s house for Christmas, his wife (my sister-in-law/personal-trainer-via-email) set me up with The Plan that will surely whip my sad body into Personal Best shape.  Or at least Not Dismally Slow shape.  Her last Plan for me helped me run a great 10k last Fall on a super hilly course that killed me the last time I ran it.  This time, I killed it.  So I’m hoping for more of the same.

That is, if I can get my poor self in gear and actually start The Plan.  I’m excited enough, just lacking energy right now fighting Berry Boy’s cold and the post-travel slump.  I’m gonna give it a day or two, and then hit The Plan like there’s no tomorrow.

In the meantime, I’d better do something about The Smell coming from Berry Baby before it rashes or something….

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh.... the "plan" sounds positively exhilarating. *I* need a plan. No half marathon plan mind you. Just a 20 minute a day workout and healthy eating plan would suffice....

I guffawed when I read about dragging your sorry carcass out of bed, my normally prudish mind was gearing up for a word lacking the first four letters there... how my mind comes to be so far in the gutter after a blessed time of advent meditation is beyond me.

I'm recovering from a 2:30 am bedtime last night after a huge family gathering. Another party tonight and then it's New Years tomorrow.... after a peaceful season up until now this is about killing me. If I hadn't ORGANIZED the New Years Eve party I think we would be staying home with a couple good movies and comfy couches...

Suzy said...

Yay! That's fantastic! Which half marathon? When you get a chance, please share The Plan!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Good for you... I am such a wimp about working out...