Yep. Laced up my Adidas Supernovas tonight. My brand new Adidas Supernovas. That I bought in September. They’re still brand new. Because I have run a total of, oh, 13km in them. In the last 2 months. So, so sad.
I don’t really know if I’m quite well enough to run yet as I’m still hacking up *stuff*. However, I have eaten far too much fudge. And Cutout cookies. And shortbread cookies. And shortbread cookies with Toblerone in them. And pretty little cookies with buttercream icing in them.
And I’m starting to feel a bit like this again:
Remember her? Mmhmmm. Feeling a little less "*firm* and a little more *less firm*. But a one-and-a-half month hiatus from the treadmill and an overabundance of Christmas goodies will do that to a girl.
Unfortunately.
So anyway, I laced up the runners tonight. And I decided that if I could just run for 20 minutes, then that would be golden. So I ran. And I ran for 20 minutes (with one pee break – thank you so much childbearing). But let me tell you, that was a long 20 minutes. At 13 minutes I was thinking - “ok. just a couple more minutes. that’s it”. And then I realized I was only at 13 minutes. And 20 does not come after 13. Yeah. Longest 7 minutes EVER. But I made it. And I think I feel better for it.
Or at least, I will feel better for it. Someone tell me I will feel better for it.
Because right now I have jelly legs. And I’m sore.
I'm going to go take two Advil and a sugar cookie and call it a day.
5 comments:
Okay. I have a lot of things to say, but I'll try and summarize. First, it's good for us to take breaks from running sometimes. It gives our bodies time to heal any lingering creaks.
Second, running is GOOD for colds/coughs when it's from the neck up (if it's in your chest, or if you feel feverish and achy then don't run). Running clears it all out (keep a kleenex box on the treadmill).
Third, I noticed for me, that when I eat copious amounts of simple carbohydrates and lard, I up my mileage to compensate. And what ends up happening, is I train my body to run for longer, which in the end makes my body more efficient and strong!
Email me anytime when you feel discouraged about running, and I'll try and help, Mmkay?
ah thanks Suzy. I love talking running with you :)
So you ARE human! I mean, we are the same species. Hearing you got tired after 13 minutes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about our collective humanness... :P
yeah.. I'm with pchick on this one. I feel human just relating to that cuddly swimmer up top. Now... to take a nap while the boys are freezing, laughing on the toboggans behind the snomobile at -37 celcius? or get on the elliptical. not a tough choice. Sundays are the Sabbath, and they were made for what? oh yes, that's right.... REST. g'nite.
Feeling slightly convicted by your post. So, I'll do what comes "naturally." I'll not be speaking to you for the rest of the day. Ha ha!
Blessings!
Post a Comment