I wasn’t going to post a thankful list today – mostly because I couldn’t decide what to be more thankful for: Berry Baby’s incessant crying/whining due to his immunizations the other day, or Berry Boy’s incessant crying/whining due to his bad attitude and overtiredness.
Then I thought it was perhaps a very good day to reflect on what I’m really thankful for. So as to dispel my own lousy attitude.
So today, I am thankful…
For Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee, freshly ground, made in a press, and shared with my co-workers who are regularly deprived of really good coffee
For Berry Boys, who when they’re not incessantly whiney, play really well together and are hilarious to watch.
For Berry Guy, who always has a million great ideas and schemes going on in his handsome head
For work, because it allows me to escape the crying, just for a few hours, and feel like a contributing adult (not that being at home is not contributing – it’s just nice to say “there – I completed *this* today”, and they won’t get messy or dirty or otherwise wrecked 5 minutes after I finish them. They’re just done.)
For curling up on freezing days and evenings in front (and I mean directly in front) of the blazing wood stove with a book, a coffee, and a cookie
For friends, who encourage, and admonish, and love me.
What are YOU thankful for today?
"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth...Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together" (Ps. 34:1 & 3)
2 comments:
I'm going to take this and dwell on it today. I've gotten up with a less than thankful 'tude, despite our nice visit over fabulous baking.
I'm gonna make a mental list and get it blogged before supper. After all, a messy house is only a sign that you have a family that loves to hang out there, right? Yeah... that's it.
oh- and boy do we love you!
I don't know where to start or where to stop. I'm just thankful for life and love, and joy and inner peace, and people and snow and general health (yeah I know we're sick, but we don't suffer from chronic illness... I'm always reminded of this when we get our little cold and flu bugs). For falling snow, and enveloping grace, for my kids who make me laugh, my husband who still gives me butterflies in my stomach, for The One from whom all these good things come and for you!
Post a Comment