so, I did something yesterday that I’m a bit uncertain about.
I ordered a running skirt.
Yes, I did just say running skirt. I’ve been toying with the idea ever since Runner’s World did a feature on them. Yesterday, I happened onto the website, and lo and behold, they were having a sale. As in 50% off kind of sale.
I couldn’t say no.
So I ordered something that looks like this:
not in that exact color, but you get the idea. They also had this on sale:
and I’m in need of a new *good* running bra, so I bought that too.
Here’s the problem (aside from the obvious I’m-running-in-a-skirt self-conscious problem) – I don’t look like this:
That’s one of the creators of Running Skirts. She looks fabulous. AND she’s had a baby. Loser.
So I’m really not sure how this is going to look. On me. With my mennonite butt.
And it’s non-refundable (sale). But it IS exchangeable, so in the event that I look hideous, or just cannot convince myself to be brave enough to wear a skirt while running, I can always exchange it. I think in that case I will get their long sleeved shirt – it’s all techy and looks nice…
So, quick poll, just out of interest, how many of you…
(a) would run in a skirt
(b) might run in a skirt, but only in the safety of your own home and only if everyone has gone out and left you alone
(c) wouldn’t be caught dead running in a skirt, even if you were offered money to do so
(d) wouldn’t be caught dead running, period
7 comments:
ha ha ha ho hoho.... mennonite butt.. that's classic. I'm not going to touch those multiple choice questions with a ten foot pole... but if you want the truth I don't see any difference between HER figure and yours...
Me too! I've been toying with the idea too. And, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Which, makes me come to the conclusion that yes, I should always have a skirt on hand, just as I should always have shorts, capris, tights and long pants on hand. Because...I'm never the same person and in the same mood every day (or hour, or minute) so I should wear what I feel like it when the time is right.
Go girl! That's a really cute skirt. Good thing you don't live any closer to the colony... cuz all of a sudden that road would get a lot of traffic with that little number on. heh-heh-cough-gag-sputter. You do NOT have the mennonite butt. Honestly.
I think I would only choose e) run in a skirt within the city limits on a real running path where it would not get confused with a sagging neck warmer. :oD
LMAO Chris! Sagging neck warmer (lolol)
ahhhh. (wipe tears)
I'm with you Suzy, I think I might like it. We'll see. But yes, it should be in the drawer with the shorts and capris and long pants...and I MAY just look sassy enough to wear it at the half...or not...we'll see...
Well, I gotta be honest... Does running after your kids count in this topic cuz I do that lots in a skirt but I am not a 'runner
, to short in the legs...
I would totally run in a skirt! YOU GO GIRL! I think it is great!
I spent most of my tomboy youth running after my brothers and climbing trees with a skirt on just cuz I liked them even if I was a tomboy and had steel toe boots on at the same time, lol...
At this point I would run in anything that doesn't fall down.
i would absolutely run in a skirt, anywhere, anytime.
Post a Comment