I have to apologize for the dearth of material here on ye olde blogge.
I have nothing to blog really. I just wanted to be able to use the word “dearth”. And it’s a good thing that I looked it up to check that it meant what I thought it meant, because otherwise I would have spelled it “dirth”, which isn’t really a word. Good thing I’m just a bit neurotic about checking stuff like that.
For those of you who can stand the mundane aspects of my life:
The Bottle Ban has been a raging success. Berry Baby didn’t even require it to fall asleep for his nap today in the playpen at Prairie Chick’s place, with Prairie Chick putting him down for his nap. He has even slept through the night…once…but he’s a one hit wonder in that area. Which means that I’m still tired.
My friendly neighborhood massage therapist and I have finally found the swollen spot on my foot that is causing me trouble, and my doctor is sending me off to physio and the podiatrist. And I am just praying that I will be able to train properly for the impending half-marathon at the end of May. In the meantime, I am not really supposed to run, which makes me a bit edgy and crabby. I’m always amazed at what running (or exercise in general) does for my disposition.
The Running Skirt came, and I fear that I lack the confidence and/or the booty to wear it in public. Plus, there’s a panty-line issue. So after suffering much angst about it and exhausting some friends with my deliberations, I have decided to trade in the aqua skirt for a black & white skirt, in the hopes that the black will be a little more panty-line concealing. I am also trying a size up, also to alleviate the panty-line issue. Barring all success with that, I will trade it in for a sassy long sleeved running shirt with thumb holes. I love thumb holes.
I am now going to quit torturing you all with this totally unclever and uninteresting blog post and am going to plug in a chick flick, bring up the container of Real Dairy Natural Vanilla Ice Cream that I have been hiding from the boys, pour some chocolate sauce into it, grab a spoon, and veg.
5 comments:
Chocolate sauce: Cover the bottom of a cereal bowl with chocolate chips (preferably milk chocolate).
Then, splash some cream over the chips (about the same amount you'd put in a cup of coffee).
Stick the bowl in the microwave for one minute, maybe stirring once at the halfway mark, maybe not.
Then once it's done, stir stir stir.
Then pour the hot heaven on top of ice cream so that it swirls around and melts into itself.
Amen.
My hip went out again (after the fort langley race) so I had it popped back in today and I'm not allowed to run for five days.
GAHHHHH.
I feel your pain. But in my bum, not my foot.
HA! I'm glad I checked the comments before night night. I KNEW you'd write something cheeky! Ha ha! CHEEKY!!! (most of my conversations go downhill at this rapid speed)
I'm with you... I would have typed dirth. And your ramblings are charming and made both Dave and I laugh (hope you don't mind) (he teases because he cares)
I hope your foot decides to like the rest of your body, and your crazy hobby as well.
Suzy? When you talk 'sweet' like that I think I love you. And you both are hilarious.
Suzy, we can no longer be friends. I just tried the melty chocolate chips & cream on my ice cream.
You are a bad influence.
I will now have to log AT LEAST 30 miles per week because of you.
If you need me, I'll be the one with her head in the ice cream bowl and the chocolate smeared around her mouth....
Post a Comment