Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bottle Addict (part II)

100_3961

So the Berry Baby, he really likes that bottle.

I have been diligently giving him his nighttime bottle in the rocking chair (and not in his crib).  When he wakes at night I have been (semi-diligently) settling him in his crib, and only taking him out as a last resort and allowing him a bit more bottle in the rocking chair (I say semi-diligently because he is sick with some bad bronchitis, and the crying makes it worse, and the less I have to use the inhaler with him the better, so I have to confess I’ve been pretty slack in the middle of the night).

I think he’s on to me.

Here’s why – for the first day or two, we would sit in the rocking chair, snuggle, and he would drink his bottle.  When he had drained it, he would kind of hand it to me and I would put it down and put him to bed. 

NOW, we sit in the rocking chair, snuggle, and he drinks his bottle.  And  here’s where he switches it up.  He does not drain the bottle completely, he leaves a little in there.  On purpose.  I’m certain of it.  Then he sits up, tucks the bottle under his arm, and waits for me to put  him to bed.  With his bottle.

I’ll tell you, that kid is smart.

And strong. 

He has a death grip on that bottle like you would not believe.

What a stinker.

5 comments:

Chris said...

awww...nuts. Where did he get the smarts for this? Oh, right... I suppose we could blame all of this on his gene pool. ;)

I want to see you unscrew the bottle lid and siphen the dregs while it's in his vulcan death grip. (Take that, little man!)

I'm so excited about today, I can hardly think straight. You are a peach!

Suzy said...

What's today? What's so exciting about today? Oh I miss EVERYTHING. *pout*

Husband and I were talking about you and Chris last night and how he would LOVE to live where you live, and how I would go mental (not because of where you live but because of who I am). I wish I could. I wish I knew how to chill.

Cute little berry baby. Ohhh those cheeks! I see how he can wrap you around his finger.

Berry Girl said...

lol - Chris is getting a new do (see her blog) and I'm taking care of Kyle (he's playing with BBoy).

You're not missing that much *wink*, too bad though that you would be a complete mental case here - I am (in this instance) the polar opposite - I've lived in Vancouver and Richmond and you couldn't PAY me to live there again.
Big cities make me hyperventilate if I'm left there too long...

Unknown said...

too cute for his britches that one... they've got you wrapped around their little fingers. All three of 'em. Which is just as it should be.

Tracey said...

Death grips! I know all about those. Funny how strong kids' fingers can be.

Lucas' death grip will squish the granola bar until it is no longer edible, but he won't realize to open his hand to get the last few crumbs!