well, apparently Berry Baby reads memos.
Last night, for the first time in I-can’t-remember-how-long, Berry Baby slept through the night. I know, I can hardly believe it either.
Unfortunately, his poor, tired mother…did not. Poor tired mother learned an important lesson last night that I will now share with you.
When you have had an upset stomach for a few days, it is not advisable to eat a rink burger and onion rings for supper, chased by a couple of wonderful cups of coffee. Really not. The stomach, it does not like the rink burger and greasy onion rings as much as you do. And the coffee, it keeps you awake for a long time so that you can fully appreciate the stomach cramps.
Let that be a lesson to us all.
8 comments:
Oh! I totally had stomach cramps last night too! I tried to cook up some lentils in a way that I could choke them down, and after three different recipes and taste-testing (all including a LOT of garlic) I found I like them simply fried in a pan in olive oil and garlic. I like simplicity.
Anyway, so at the end of the day, this old girl had a heck of a lot of lentils coursing through the digestive track and I was up all night!
Gross.
oh, oh, oh....no.
you poor girl... and Suzy too. I apologize for the ill-timed wonderful coffee.
Did you get a run in? (dare I ask? after a meal like that?) rrrgghh... now I'm craving a greasy rink burger... how can I attain that?
lol - sorry to induce a craving...maybe at skating today?
and no, there was no running. There WAS a lot of Gravol ingesting, which you would think, from the amount that I took, would have completely knocked me out...but no, I was sleeping lightly enough to wake EVERY TIME BBaby stirred, which was good in a way b/c I was able to sneak in and recover him before he was able to really wake up...thus avoiding the half-hour long night waking...
I'm still waiting for the stomach to settle with tea and toast and Arrowroots...I need to get in a run today for sure if possible. argh.
oh, and lentils...I may have a decent lentil stew recipe somewhere. My mom loves to cook with them. I think my brother even threw them into chili at Christmas and they were good.
now me, I'm not really fond of them, but if they're surrounded by enough other "stuff", then I can forgive them.
Oh, so sorry...
There's almost nothing worse than laying listening to your little one's deep-sleep breathing while you toss and turn. Except maybe doing that while your tummy cramps!
Skip the caffeine today and maybe BBaby will give you an encore performance tonight!
Blessings!
PS - Regarding lentils... I throw them in veggie soups.
Uh-oh. This post made me nauseous. Like literally made my stomach do a couple of flips. Pair that with the fact that I suffered from severe heartburn last night and the post Valentine calendar countdown make me just a tad nervous.
bummer..lesson learnt?!
What, Chris? Not craving garlicky lentils? Why not?
;)
Post a Comment