I have nothing to blog.
But I’m getting that anxious tight-chest feeling because it’s been almost a week since my last post.
People are relying on me to be clever.
Or not.
Either way…I will discuss two things:
First, my foot hurts. What was an intermittent annoyance is becoming a continuous reality. Miraculously, when I called my doctor’s office today to book an appointment, I got in only two weeks from now. Really, I was expecting April. So I guess that’s good.
But the foot, she bothers me. Especially since my running is going so well – I feel strong, my runs are more often great than not, and after I run in the evenings I sleep like a log. I hate to lose ground because of this stupid annoying foot.
Second, I am preparing for my first ever evening shopping trip with two great friends. It will most certainly involve me peacefully pushing my shopping cart through Superstore whilst sipping my Triple Grande Half Sweet Extra Hot Caramel Macchiato. It will most certainly NOT involve Berry Baby making multiple grabs for my coffee cup while I try to maneuver the shopping cart with one hand as Berry Boy jumps off and on and off and on and asks repeatedly if I can buy him a toy/coloring book/new car/candy. It will definitely not involve yelling (unless it’s at the self-serve check out that ALWAYS screws me over and leaves me looking like a complete, red faced, dork), and I don’t anticipate feeling all sweaty and flustered by the time I get everything and everyone out of the cart and into the car. I’m very excited.
6 comments:
I love trips like that too..sorry about the foot..that can be a pain in the butt..I mean foot. ;)
hey now... don't leave me hanging... what's the scoop?
Totally relying on you to be clever... and funny... okay and even sometimes crass (insert scrunchy faced teasing smile here).
As per the foot... the rowing machine, she's set up in the living room corner... so if and when running isn't doable, here's a back-up. Excited to try it out tomorrow!
About the "peacefully pushing a shopping cart"... did that vision include the mad scramble for loose change between three people that could barely scrounge up a dollar (okay TWO people) and one of us running madly to rescue a cart from lock-up so that THREE of us could share ONE measly cart? Thank goodness the carts are free at Costco, huh?
And I guarantee you bought MORE toys for the boys not having them there than they would have got had they been there... I'm always the same. Scrooge when they're around and Santa when they're not.
Fun stuff. Your laugh always brightens my day and makes me happy. Glad it worked out for you to come.
Those are the best kind of shopping trips! Hope you have lots of fun and find great deals.
Hope your foot is better soon. I'm having a problem with one of my heels, but I keep putting it off. One of those "I can tough it out 'cause it's got to get better soon, right?" kind of deals. Sigh. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and see a doctor. It's a good excuse to not run, though. Ha ha!
Ugh. I feel for you. My hip is out and I'm praying that my physio guy can fix it for me tomorrow so I can still run the half in Ft Langley on Sunday.
ok, shopping without kids is SOOOO much better. Even when 3 grown women have to scrounge quarters for a shopping cart at Superstore and then mug some poor lady into trading her cart for quarters.
the foot is strangely better today, even though it was killing me all last night while shopping...hmmmm...I will continue icing it and not running for a bit.
Suzy, that SUCKS. I hope it is good enough at least to run.
Post a Comment