Sometimes, life just gets waaaay too busy with fun committee meetings, small groups, book clubs, work, work from home, and mitigating the disaster in your house that it is nearly impossible to find the time to run.
Sometimes, that’s ok.
But sometimes, you have an appetizer and wine committee meeting followed by the devil White Chocolate Truffle Cake, and even though you had every intention of running when you got home, you are just physically unable to move your body in any way that might resemble exercise, even though you really really need to.
Sometimes, you plan to run right after work, but end up having to take your toddler to see the doctor in a neighboring town to discover that he really is sick and really does need antibiotics and multiple inhalers. Which cost around $130. So sometimes you are thankful for the monthly payments into health insurance.
And sometimes, even though it was a long drive complicated by having to find after-school child care for your kindergartener, you are just thankful that you were able to get in to the mediclinic, that you were able to see your favorite doctor there, and that you went before a chest infection became full blown pneumonia, even though it was awfully close.
Sometimes, that neighboring town has a really great bakery, and it would be a travesty NOT to stop, so sometimes it is necessary to bring home half a dozen really wonderful fresh donuts, of which 4 actually make it home unscathed.
Sometimes you really really really need to run, because you just really can’t stop eating bad food.
Please pass the motivation. I seem to be out.
10 comments:
Just looking at your workouts listed on the left of your page. Pretty impressive!
But it's Feb 5th today, and your last one says Feb 1st. I'm checking again tomorrow and there better be another one listed!
Hey, Suzy is going to give me a butt-kicking workout tonight. I'll be a newbie and she'll be the whip-cracker.
I have been dragging my heels, literally, for MONTHS. And now I'm doing it!
Do a run and think of me.
Forget about the donuts - they're gone now anyway, right?!!
hey
i am a friend of becky's and she told me about your blog, because I am a runner too! I totally hear ya...sometimes life gets so busy it is hard to find time to run...but that is WHY we need to do it! To wipe away the stress of the day, to have time to ourselves, to feel the runners high that will leave us feeling so much better in the end! Right??
Hey Jenna! nice to *meet* you :)
You're totally right. I was kinda forced to stay home tonight with sick kid (instead of being at our small group) but it was nice b/c I had the whole evening to get the boys to bed, relax for a few minutes, and then RUN.
Man that feels better!
I'm not the kind of person who enjoys being overly busy, even if the busy is fun stuff...so it was nice to be forced to have the night off :)
Besides, I'm never gonna kick my own PR in the half marathon if I don't get my base building solidified (lol)
and Tracy, thanks for noticing that I hadn't run in a few days - I needed that kick-in-the-pants!
Accountability baby! That's what it's about...
I have a love hate relationship with that bakery. And feel free to post exercise goals over at the Procrastinator too if you're ever in need of extra motivation and cheerleading. I plan to do just that as soon as the rower gets here that Rob is supposed to be picking up for us in the city and I plan to even have a weight label for me and Nise and whoever else wants to set dietary goals.
...sometimes... oh yeah... we also complimented the dr-run on Wednesday with a giant sized fritter... oh gosh... I was all over that in a flash.
But I did have a great game last night... despite what 'nise' might say. And the bruise on my FACE. Can't wait until tonight. Call me after lunch to get me on the machine... please? Cuz then we can enjoy the weekend. Seriously.
Oh Chris, please post a picture of your face with the bruise on it. If you do that I'll post a picture of my thigh with the bruise the size of my head on it. (I fell over a bike rack while walking backwards and yelling out instructions to my running clinic a week ago).
Berry Girl RUN RUN RUN run away from it all. And just when you feel like you can run no more, when you think all the stresses of life have liquefied and dripped off your nose onto the belt of the treadmill, run some more. Just to make sure it's "dead."
lolol - well THAT'S an interesting mental image...
I tend to kill stuff. Like, not kill REAL stuff, just like ummm over-do things. Hee hee (nervous laughter)
Hey Berry!! Look at all those runs you've done in the last 4 days.
Hurray!!
Run it and kill it - Suzy's philosophy. If I didn't know her better, I'd be too scared to be a victim in her Sun-Run training clinic!
Post a Comment