Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Tale of Two Towers (well, actually one tower, but the alliteration was so nice...)

Last Friday, Tower Guy said (not for the first time) that he was coming to put up the tower.

Saturday, my tower looked like this:




In fact, it had looked like this for at least two weeks. I won't even mention how many times Tower Guy said he was coming, and didn't.
So on Thursday of this week, I wasn't holding my breath. But when I got home from work, my tower looked like this...


keep going...

just a little further...

Yep. All 68 glorious feet of it. Because, apparently getting faster-than-snails-pace internet is not as easy as one would think out here on the flat prairie. (rolling eyes here)

This is my High Speed cable box. Which probably doesn't interest you one bit, but I find it miraculous, especially since I called High Speed Guy as Tower Guy was finishing up, and High Speed Guy came in record time (as in, the very next day if you can believe it)



This is a picture of our puppy "Shotgun" (don't ask...Berry Guy has a *different* sense of humour)...why this picture, you ask? Because I can.

Here is another totally unrelated picture of Berry Baby on the one weekend that I was gone overnight and Berry Guy was in charge. You can see why I don't go away very often.

This is yet another unrelated picture of the sunset through our trees, which I found quite spectacular but could not post earlier without swearing at my computer. I will post it now, just because I can.

That should be the tagline for this post - Just Because I Can. I'm giddy with excitement here. I am drunk on HighSpeed surfing. Someone stop me before this gets out of control.

4 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Very cool, and very exciting for you! Love the unrelated pics!

Unknown said...

ha ha ha! So excited for you!!! Love that you can post pics now along with all the other fun stuff that goes alone with high speed.

Berry Girl said...

I found your Imeem site - may need you to walk me through it. TOO MUCH FUN! Have I said yet that I'm excited? (lol) Just being on the phone AND the internet AT THE SAME TIME is making me dizzy :)

Chris said...

very thrilling that these men finally came through and that you are up and quickly communicating! yahoo yahoo yahoo! Can't wait to catch up.