Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Runnus Interruptus

*heavy sigh*

Running has suddenly become a challenge for me. I'm feeling great and feel like I could go longer/faster/further. If only it weren't for those boys. The ones who keep interrupting my treadmill time. The cute ones.
You know, these guys...


The "Run Wreckers", as I now like to call them.

Because lately, my runs go something like this:
  • Start the warm-up walk - walk 2min
  • Get off treadmill to pull a yard of VCR tape out of Berry Baby's mouth
  • Continue walking - make it to the warm-up run and run 3min
  • Get off treadmill and get Berry Boy a drink
  • Continue running 1min
  • Get off treadmill to get my own water which I forgot upstairs
  • It has now been 10minutes (or more) to complete a 5min warmup
  • Begin hill run and run first hill repeat
  • Get off treadmill to get Berry Baby unstuck from some unusual place in the "safe zone" where he is barricaded so that he cannot get to the treadmill
  • Run second hill repeat
  • Get off treadmill to put A distraught Berry Baby in bed for a nap - argue with Berry Boy as to whether or not he needs a snack right now
  • Run hill repeats #3 & 4 - begin to feel like we're getting somewhere
  • Get off treadmill to retrieve Berry Baby from his bed where he is not sleeping
  • Run hill repeats #5, 6 and 7, finally without incident, and cool down
  • Start stretching, stop, make a bottle for Berry Baby, feed him and put him to bed. Go back to stretch and find all my muscles are now horrendously tight and uncompliant.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I better go get a coffee...or maybe a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Prairie Chick...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha, I'll make sure I have a hot cuppa waiting for you when you get here (tonight that is... feel free to come over early) and for the record.... runnus interruptus sounds like a bad case of diarrhea, :rotflol:

Berry Girl said...

ROFLOL - hahahaha! I hadn't thought of that when I titled it :D
too funny.