Wednesday, October 8, 2008

on Fall...

I'm having *that* kind of day. Not the bad *that*, but a good *that*. The kind of *that* where everything just seems to be going *right*.

For example, I had an early meeting at work this morning which required me to be at work before Berry Boy would be on the bus. But it all worked out because Berry Guy didn't have to go in to work as early as usual today, so he was still home when I left for work.
And, I made it (pretty much) on time to my meeting.
And, work was a pleasure this morning.

And, Berry Baby was deliciously happy to see me when I went to pick him up from Granny's.
And, Berry Baby is taking a wonderfully long nap right now.
And, when I got home with Berry Baby, I found the dishes washed, the table and counters wiped, and all the sticky stuff wiped off the dining room chairs (I tell you, Berry Guy has been racking up some serious points lately)
And, it's a wonderfully rainy and dreary Fallish kind of a day.

Yes, I did just say that.

I love rainy Fall days. They make me want to curl up with a good book under a fleecy blanket with a hot cup of latte (or straight coffee, depending on my mood).

I love how dark the wet tree trunks look...

I love seeing the wet driveway and hearing the cold wind, and knowing that I am warm and cozy in my house...

I love it in all its Fall drearyness.

And speaking of curling up with a good book, I think I will go and do just that...the house is quiet (unusually so) and I want to take FULL advantage.

8 comments:

Chris said...

mmm... sounds fabulous... I bet you're having some yummy fall meal too, although nachos and cheese is a perfect pairing... less prep-time... ;) I missed you again at school... Kyle said he saw BBoy, but I missed spying your smile.

Berry Girl said...

That's probably because I'm not there anymore ;) I send Ryan to and from on the bus now - he's a big kid now :)
mmmmm... nachos - to be honest, I only made it through 2 chapters of my book, and then the quiet and the rain was too overpowering and I had to have a nap (lol) and now I'm wondering what on earth will I make for supper :)

Unknown said...

The power of a positive spirit, I tell you, it's something to behold! All your talk of how WONDERFUL dreary, rainy days are making them wonderful to me too, mmmmm.... what a blessing! I used to panic on days like this (I need sun, I need light, I need warmth). But that was in my depressed "the cup is empty" attitude... now, I truly can look outside the window and revel in the warmth and joy and light contained within these walls. Thanks for the paradigm shift (back when I was dreading the arrival of fall, member?).

Love ya.

Berry Girl said...

ahhh, always here to help ;)
you don't have any supper suggestions do you? (lol)

Chris said...

I used leftover mashed potatoes to smush around cheddar cheese cubes and rolled them in cornflakes... that and farmer sausage should be tasty... mmm... and leftover cream puff dessert is always welcome. hth!

ps. - this weather always motivates me to baking and drinking warm drinks....

Unknown said...

mashed potato dish here too, shepherds pie... quick and easy for a club night. Aren't you glad for phones so you didn't have to hitch up the horse and buggy to come over and get that recipe ;D

That recipe is just ONE of the many reasons I love having those pre-cooked chickens huh? Ah, the age of convenience, we are blessed. All these food ideas are making my mouth water. I already stole numerous spoons out of the casserole dish... if P-guy would only get home already!

Mac an Rothaich said...

What a cozy post! I love how dark the trees look too when it rains in the fall! I tried to read and look out the window and ended up falling asleep too... I love to nap and yet it ends up rushing away the cozy moment so I always feel conflicted when I wake up...Fall is so cozy:)

Berry Girl said...

I want to come to your houses for supper :)

thankfully yes, those pre-done chickens are the bomb. I had a chicken in the freezer all cooked and pulled so I just defrosted and voila - supper. phew.