I had two very nice surprises today.
First of all, Berry Guy had promised me some time ago that if he sold this refrigeration unit that we had from our old berry shop, then I could use the money to buy a patio set for the deck. We have this awesome screened-in deck that I love, but which is sorely hurting in the decor department, and it’s been my dream to trick it out properly.
Well today was that day, and I had cash in hand as I hit the city in search of the furniture set. I was looking for a “conversation set” – a love seat, two armchairs, and a coffee table for the deck. I had done some looking online, so I hit Walmart and Home Depot, but wasn’t satisfied by what I found there. One was too mustardy colored, the other was a lovely pale blue that I loved but could foresee my dark roast coffee decorating, plus it didn’t sit quite right…
Then I remembered the set I had seen at the Garden Show two months ago. It was fairly modern but incredibly striking, and it was also quite expensive. It was from Home Outfitters, so I took a chance and headed over there. Sure enough, the display was still sitting there, and the tag still read “too expensive”. My heart fell a little. But I sat down on it anyway, and it felt as nice to sit in as I had remembered.
Then I saw it. The sign. The sign that said 50% off. I gasped. Then I grabbed the first person I saw that looked like they might work there and did something I’ve always dreamed of doing – I made a sweeping gesture with my arm and said “I want to buy that”…as in all of that. The whole thing.
Luckily, she was actually an employee. And things just got better from there. The love seat, chairs and table were all half price. So was the storage chest, so I bought that too. Then there were also outdoor area rugs, so I bought one of those and got 25% off of it. THEN, because I signed up for an HBC card, I got ANOTHER 10% off the whole shebang! SCORE!
The only downside is that it was not currently in stock and they were having to order them in on a per-order basis. But it won’t be long before I’m relaxing with my coffee and my friends on this…
(not exactly as pictured – my cushions are slightly different)
And storing my cushions in this…
THEN…
I had the boys with me, and it was supper time so I took them to McDonalds for supper and experienced something there that I never have before and may never again. Really Good Customer Service.
I know. Maybe you should all sit down.
I was standing in line juggling a squirming Berry Baby & the diaper bag and trying to keep and eye on Berry Boy as he perused the toy offerings in the display case. I was slightly frazzled as I sat Berry Baby on the counter to place my order, not having been able to see a free highchair anywhere. I made my order and asked the guy if there were any other highchairs kicking around. He told me there were 3, and he would show me where in a minute – not tell me in which general direction to look – he would show me. He got my order together, carried my tray to my table for me, and brought me a highchair.
I was thrilled, to say the least. That’s the best service that I have had in a long long time. And in the least likely of places.
Which is why I’m Lovin’ It.
5 comments:
Ahhhhhh!!!! Loving it too! Bold choices in the deck-wear... very chic, very you! I can just imagine you in your slightly large sunglasses making that nonchalant grand sweeping gesture while COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT ON THE INSIDE. Yahoo-ville, for sure.
I love your new set - you'll have to take pictures once it's in place on your porch. I just love a "deal" like you found - it will make your smile a litte bigger everytime you sit on the furniture.
Are you *sure* you were in a McD's???
Woo HOO!!!!! SO exciting!!! When that sort of thing happens to me I just feel COMPLETELY like God just gave me a present. I know you still had to pay but 50 percent off the thing of your dreams is a PRESENT!!! *I'M* lovin' it! It's gorgeous, totally love it.
I should have called you, I was going to call you, since I was trucking in for a leisurely day of summer time shopping with the boys yesterday, it actually WAS liesurely... I would have loved to be in on THAT find!
EEEEEEKKKKKK!! Love love love it!
Our patio set is a hand-me-down, and is extremely vomitrocious.
Okay double WOW, first is for that beautiful set... totally jealous! Second is for the service you got at MC'D'... amazing, can hardly believe it!
Post a Comment