Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mushy Mondays

Berry Baby



I love it
when you are tired, and you suck on your soother and gently finger the hair over your ear

when you play by yourself for really long periods of time, totally content



I laughed
when we were at the doctor for your brother, but no one could get an word in edgewise over your LOUD TALKING - apparently all the attention is supposed to be focused on you (I hadn't realised until then what a little ham you are)




Berry Boy


I love it
that you have such a tender heart - you were upset to tears when your Dad was "disciplining" your baby brother for touching something he wasn't supposed to. I love that you are so sensitive to other people's hurt. I hope that you never lose that.



You make me laugh
when you talk nonstop about something and repeat a word as many times as possible in your conversation..."we're going to Blaine Lake? to have supper in Blaine Lake? How big is Blaine Lake? Have I been to Blaine Lake before? Is Blaine Lake on the way to Bug Lake? What do they have to eat in Blaine Lake..." (you get the idea)


when you are going to play "Transformers", and before you start you have to tell me in detail which kind of transformer you are going to be "like the one that is red and shoots the rockets, except I'm going to be blue, and I'm going to have the shooting thing that goes like this (hand gesture here) and then like this (another hand gesture, to show me exactly how your "shooter" is going to "go") and I'm going to have a thing that shoots fire, and guess what I can turn into..."



I was so proud of you
when your best friend was over and you were eating your lunches on the deck, and when I brought out your drinks you were praying out loud for your lunch, without being told.


when I took you to your first swimming lesson this week, and you were AWESOME! You did all the things your teacher told you to, and you were so brave!



Berry Guy

I Love
the way you tease me
that you do your best to make the wisest choices for our family
that you are so generous to me in being willing to take care of the boys so that I can run, or scrapbook, or have supper with a friend in the city
that you want what's best for me, and for our family

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw... I love your mahvelous mushiness. You are blessed. Makes my heart smile to read about your blessings and appreciative heart.