Peanut Butter Popcorn

1/2C white sugar
1/2C corn syrup
1/2C corn syrup
1/2C peanut butter (crunchy, smooth, your choice)
1/2tsp vanilla
Combine the sugar and syrup in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil on medium-high heat. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
Pour over 4-5C popped popcorn and stir to coat. Couldn't be simpler.
*hint: before pouring the peanut butter stuff over the popcorn, I sort out any unpopped kernels - your teeth will thank you.
My big sister and I used to make this religiously every Wednesday night to eat while watching "Jake and the Fatman" on TV (we were in love with "Jake" - he was delicious...so was the popcorn). It's a good memory.
1 comment:
Sweet. It's Monday movie night over here, and I just bought peanut butter today. I love the visual of you and your sister hangin' and watchin' Jake... sweet times.
Post a Comment