Friday, March 12, 2010

Randomness

I experienced parenting Fail yesterday.  All day.  Except for the 4hours that I was at work.  Then I was an excellent parent.

It’s already mud-puddle season here, and Berry Boy’s rubber boots from last year are too small.  We have a random pair of purple rubber boots that would probably fit him, but I figure that life is tough enough without having to wear purple rubber boots to elementary school.  I will be going shopping shortly.

I ate way too many Rolo Dibs the other day.  Waaaaay too many.

Berry Guy is extremely gracious to me and gave me the evening off last night buy putting the boys to bed on his own.  I ran.  It was fabulous.

I finished my Bookclub book the other day - “Deafening”.  You can link to it on my sidebar.  It was fabulous.  Really fabulous.  I can’t believe the way the author painted all these images for me just with her words.  It was a rare find, that book, and it will go down as one of my all time favourites, along with “Crow Lake” and “The Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society”.

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats getting off work, going to my in-laws to pick Berry Baby up and seeing him watching for me in the window with a huge smile and running to the door to meet me with a huge hug and an excited shout.  Almost makes up for my parenting Fail yesterday.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

The link to the book didn't work. I'll get it from my library and check it out.

Unknown said...

love that last image. (of b-baby in the window) and the fact that nothing beats that in your world shows that whatever might go "wrong" in a given moment... there is no parent-fail in the big picture, remember that!